- ERA on Europa
- ERA indicators and monitoring (PDF)
- A Knowledge-intensive future for Europe (PDF)
- The role of community research in the knowledge-based economy (PDF)
- Public consultation on the future EU 2020 strategy
- ERA Conference: Working together to strengthen research in Europe, 21-23 October 2009, Brussels
- Broken link text ERAWATCH Analytical Country reports 2009: Analysis of policy mixes to foster R&D investment and to contribute to the ERA
EU funds effective translation tool
Europeans recognise the importance of communicating in other languages as well as their native tongue, and the availability of effective tools facilitating high-quality translation of texts between multiple languages is pivotal to this...
Commissioner designate for Research, Innovation and Science promises 'action and delivery' to MEPs
The European Commissioner designate for Research, Innovation and Science, Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, pledged to move research, innovation and science 'to the heart of European policy' in her hearing at the European Parliament on 13 January...
Spain takes over EU Council Presidency
Spain has pledged to drive forward the realisation of the European Research Area (ERA) during its six-month Presidency of the Council of the EU, which started on 1 January. Innovation and equality are at the heart of the Spanish Presidency programme, explains Science and Innovation Minister Cristina Garmendia...
First EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities selected
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) has selected its first three Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs). The decision was made after the top two proposals for each KIC area had been presented to the EIT governing board at the EIT headquarters in Budapest, Hungary...
Research*eu - July 2009
Research*eu, issue number 61 is now online - Symphony of excellence
New studies highlight role of research and development
The European Commission has recently published two studies highlighting the future and sustainable development. Both reports touch on research and development (R&D) and the central part that it can play in addressing challenges facing modern society...