Meetings and events
EUROFER is organising its 2013 annual event, the European Steel Day, to take place on 16th May at the Autoworld - Parc du Cinquantenaire in the EU quarters of Brussels. This year, the event is being planned in cooperation with the European Business Summit.
The European Steel Day is a unique occasion for representatives from the steel sector, researchers, and EU policy makers to discuss solutions to current challenges and define future priorities.
This third edition will focus on themes of particular relevance to the European steel industry, including:
1. The European Action Plan for the Steel Industry, due to be released by the European Commission Vice-President Antonio Tajani, Commissioner for Industry and Entrepreneurship together with the Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, Mr László Andor;
2. The Steel Roadmap for a Low Carbon Europe 2050, to be followed by a panel discussion. The event is free but seating is limited, therefore registration is mandatory. We advise you to register as soon as possible with EUROFER access code.
Should you need further information about the event, please visit www.eurofer.org/
- STEEL 2012 conference of 8-9 November
Fifth Mirror Group meeting of 7 November
ESTEP organised its fifth Mirror Group meeting on November 7th in Brussels. There were 35 participants from 11 Member States, ESTEP stakeholders and representatives of the European Commission. The Mirror Group approved the updated ESTEP Strategic Research Agenda and the Member States representatives gave their full support to the SPIRE project. The SPIRE project is a new PPP for Sustainable Process Industry through Resource and Energy Efficiency.
- European Steel Day 2012 of 28 June 2012
- 6th International Conference on Society and Materials SAM6 of 31 May 2012
- Ninth Meeting of the Steering committee of 1 March 2012
Last updated on: 2013-04-30