- Technology and Innovation in Spain
- The 1997 report on the status of technological innovation in Spain indicates an impressive rise in hi-tech products in the early to mid 1990s.
- Enterprise Clusters
- Despite efforts to develop 'less favoured' regions, competitive success and job creation remain highly localised. Looked at more positively, areas in which industrial firms are tightly clustered seem to retain their economic stability even in times of recession. Why?
- Nice Work - If You Can Get It
- Capital and product markets have been globalised, technological competitionis intensifying, and growth in the supply of unskilled labour is rapid, both world-wide and in the EU. Against this backdrop, what R&D policies should the EU and its Member States pursue, and how can they reconcile the often conflicting aims of stimulating innovation and promoting employment?