- The bank, pollution and the poor
- Does rapid industrial growth in developing countries have to mean escalating pollution and degradation of the local eco-system? The World Bank doesn't think so. This report explains its perspective.
- Green pages
- A new magazine from the European Commission aims to keep readers informed about policy and action on environmental issues.
- The changing face of the Mediterranean
- The European Commission recognised the problems of desertification in the Mediterranean more than a decade ago. Since then, considerable effort has been dedicated to investigating its causes, impacts and management implications.
- Energy solutions for a small sea
- Medetec is a free twice-yearly journal on energy technology and policy in the Mediterranean region. Subjects include policy, funding programmes, technology and the relationships between energy, the environment and employment. Languages are Arabic, English and French.
- The new black gold
- Coal's public image reeks of industrial ugliness and broken mining communities. Yet coal still provides more than a third of the world's electricity, and in a few years' time, when the gas runs out, it will come back into its own. Luckily, behind the old-fashioned and dirty façade hides the clean fuel of the 21st century.