'Advances in atmospheric science and applications', Bruges, Belgium[Event Date: 2012-06-18]
[Expiry Date: 2012-06-18]
An event entitled 'Advances in atmospheric science and applications' will take place from 18 to 22 June 2012 in Bruges, Belgium.
The event will be an opportunity for scientists and data users to present first-hand and up-to-date results from their ongoing research and application development activities using data from atmospheric instruments on the European Remote-Sensing Satellite (ERS-2), Environmental Satellite (Envisat), polar orbiting meteorological satellites (Metop) and European Space Agency (ESA) Third Party Missions.
The conference will be organised around oral and poster presentations, roundtable discussions and demonstrations. Themes will include:
- atmospheric sentinels;
- remote sensing of trace gases in the troposphere;
- remote sensing of trace gases in the stratosphere;
- remote sensing of trace gases in the upper atmosphere;
- remote sensing of clouds and aerosols;
- remote sensing of green house gases;
- air quality monitoring from space;
- data assimilation techniques;
- atmospheric applications/services development under the Global Monitoring for Environment and Security (GMES) framework;
- the establishment of atmospheric Essential Climate Variables under the ESA Climate Change Initiative framework.
For further information, please visit: http://www.egu.eu/inside-egu/divisions-and-present-officers/division-atmospheric-sciences/news/atmos-2012.html
Data Source Provider: European Space Agency
Document Reference: Based on an event announcement
Subject Index: Climate change & Carbon cycle research; Coordination, Cooperation; Earth Sciences; Space & satellite research