European industrial technologies conference on materials, Warsaw, Poland
The European industrial technology conference on materials will be held from 22 to 23 September 2011 in Warsaw, Poland.
The event will look at how materials of the future can contribute to meeting the challenges faced by society. It will also look at the directions that the development of materials can take when determined not only by technological progress, but also by societal and political, and financial capabilities.
The conference programme will consist of three plenary sessions and five parallel tracks, including such topics as:
- future materials in sector-based applications;
- human aspects of materials development (quality of life, health, job creation, etc);
- research and development in materials as the bridge between research and applications;
- international partnership with focus on east European countries;
- dissemination of knowledge and societal acceptance.
These topics will help highlight the role of research and development in materials, as well as emphasize ways of building social acceptance for resulting technologies.
The event is being organized under the auspices of the Polish presidency of the Council of the EU and organized in cooperation with the European Commission.
For further information, please visit: http://www.fumat2011.eu
Data Source Provider: European Commission
Document Reference: Based on an event announcement
Subject Index: Industrial Manufacture; Information, Media; Materials Technology; Social Aspects