Updated CORDIS service brings project partners together for FP7[ 2007-01-24 ]
With the launch of the new Seventh Framework Programme for research and development (FP7), a revamped Partners Service addresses the specific needs of potential participants and other users of CORDIS, the Community Research and Development Information Service.
The CORDIS Partners Service is a free online service, tailor-made to help users find the best research partners for their projects, either in the context of EU-funded research and development (R&D) projects or within a broader search for technology-orientated partnerships. The service includes details on thousands of active partnership requests from companies, research institutions and universities across Europe and around the world.
The three core functions of the service enable users to:
- publish their partner profile on CORDIS by entering their project idea or specific expertise,
- search the partner profiles submitted by other organisations,
- Update or delete their existing profile online at any time using their CORDIS user name and password.
As a new feature, the service has added the FP7 research themes and sub-programmes as categories so users can tailor their profiles and searches to the specific research community or area of expertise for which they are looking.
The CORDIS Partners Service will also be the only entry point for partner profiles of the clients of the NCP Network.
For the NCPs themselves, as well as Innovation Relay Centres and other network organisations, the CORDIS Partners Service has introduced the following 'network options':
- networks can create a partner profile on behalf of a client;
- the client's name can remain confidential by using a reference number;
- profiles submitted by networks can be marked and therefore easily retrieved;
- an e-mail alert can be set up to notify network members of new partner entries.
An expanded 'Help' section explains the new features and gives contact details for further information. The revamped Partners Service is available in French, English, German, Italian and Spanish.
Please consult the new service at:
Data Source Provider: CIMS
Document Reference: Based on information from the service provider
Subject Index: Coordination, Cooperation; Innovation, Technology Transfer; Scientific Research