4. Final Report Summary - C-ENERGY (Connecting energy NCPs A pro-active network of national contact points in the Seventh Framework Programme under the Energy Theme)
Record Control Number:
Quality Validation Date:
Abstract: Final report
C-ENERGY is a one year coordination action developed involving all energy NCPs and led by an expert institution in EU research policy - APRE (Italy). The National Contact Points (NCPs), as facilitating agents, have a key role to play in the successful roll-out of the framework programme. Highly important NCP functions include:
- Supporting the submission of projects with the highest potential impact and contribution to European goals, in terms of energy and sustainability;
- Bringing together researchers, industries and small and medium enterprises across the EU;
- Developing initiatives locally with stakeholders.
NCP activities are funded by national budgets and the European Commission, through a dedicated initiative line in FP7, the C-ENERGY project.
The C-ENERGY project (May 2009 - April 2010) aims to reinforce the network of 'Energy' theme-related NCPs. The project provides the opportunity to discuss and improve work methodologies and thus progress in the outcome of Energy calls for proposals.
The project was implemented through the following five work packages (WPs):
WP1 - Project management
WP2 - Needs and good practices of Energy NCPs identification
WP3 - Training, twinning and mentoring of new and less experienced NCPs
WP4 - Capacity building for NCPs
WP5 - Networking and communication.
The C-ENERGY project was also intended to aid with issues such as the identification of needs and good practices of theme-related NCPs, the training, twinning and mentoring of new and less experienced NCPs, capacity-building for NCPs, networking and communication. It is envisaged that the C-ENERGY project will continue after the first year, with the C-ENERGY+ project.
The major results of the project were the organisation of:
- Two training workshops for the Energy NCPs,
- One brokerage event in coincidence of the European Information Day for the Energy call 2010 for the benefit of the energy research and industry,
- Two project meetings involving all the Energy NCPs (not only the beneficiaries of the project),
- Two NCP meetings (main organiser the EC),
- Ten on the job training (called twinning) for less experienced Energy NCPs - hosted by more experienced Energy NCPs.
During the one year of C-ENERGY the main result was the establishment of the network. Before the project the contacts and the exchange of the information among the Energy NCPs were occasional and based on personal knowledge. C-ENERGY was the opportunity to create a pro-active network, more efficient in order to promote the project ideas of researchers and industries, to exchange partner searchers.
C-ENERGY involved also all the Energy NCPs from third countries in the activities (without budget). Russia, South Africa and Egypt attended the meetings organised during the one year project but other countries expressed their interest (for example Mexico, Taiwan, Morocco).
Subject Descriptors: Energy economics; Energy efficiency, conservation
Subject Index Codes: Other Energy Topics; Energy Saving