|Gate2Growth Finance Academia |
What is Gate2Growth Finance Academia?
Gate2Growth Finance Academia is a pan-European representative network bringing together academics and researchers involved in innovation, finance and entrepreneurship. It is supported by the European Commission as part of its Gate2Growth Initiative.
What does Gate2Growth Finance Academia aim for?
The ultimate objective of Gate2Growth Finance Academia network is to foster the development of the academic profession in these fields and the exchange of experience and good practice between them.
The main objectives of the network are:
1) the exchange of fundamental and applied research results in these domains
2) the encouragement of a European dimension in this research
3) the translation of fundamental research into practical insights, policy recommendations and training formats
4) support in particular young academics in promoting their research results
5) raise the number and educational impact of courses in finance and entrepreneurship in universities and business schools in Europe
How may Gate2Growth Finance Academia address this?
- annual doctoral workshop track for young academics in entrepreneurship, finance and innovation
- junior and senior academic exchange programme and research visits up to 6 months
- workshop proceedings and working paper repository
- development of European case studies and teaching material
- best paper award
- annual report on the state of play in European research in the field of innovation, entrepreneurship and finance
What may be the benefits of belonging to the overall Gate2Growth Initiative service provider community?
- pan-European searchable directory of academics, experts and service providers, with a listing of your specific competencies and those of your institution
- speaker and exchange programme listings
- expert interactive discussion forums
- news listing and possibility to upload your own news stories
- event overview and possibility to publish your own events
- electronic working paper repository
- access to entrepreneur services, investor networks and events organised throughout Europe in the context of the Gate2Growth Initiative.
Application for Full Membership may be open to academics and researchers, based in the EU or any of the Associated States and active in the fields of innovation, entrepreneurship and finance.
Academics and researchers should in principle belong to an academic institution, based in the EU or any of the Associated States, that organises a postgraduate programme at the level of the institution in the fields indicated, that has a standing research programme in the fields indicated and that is willing to support the active involvement of the academics or researchers from its midst in the network.
The membership criteria may be modified in view of prevailing market conditions.
Contact for more information
The Gate2Growth Finance Academia home page contains all relevant membership information and can be found on the Gate2Growth Initiative website:
Gate2Growth Finance Academia is co-ordinated by the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM) and the Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School (VLGMS) on behalf of the European Commission.