for early stage technology venture capital investors
What is I-TecNet?
is a pan-European network of early stage technology venture capital investors. It is supported by the European Commission as part of its
What does I-TecNet aim for?
The ultimate objective of
is to increase the capacity of European venture capital operators to invest in early stage technology companies by further developing the professional skills of those working in this field and by the exchange of experience and good practice at European level.
How may I-TecNet address this?
- good practice workshops with investment managers from across the continent
- sponsor industry event participation
- high tech cluster visits
- sponsor junior staff to attend short courses at European business schools and universities
- junior staff secondment programme to other EU countries
What may be the benefits of belonging to the Gate2Growth investor community?
, a specialized information service for the venture capital profession
- access to a database of investment opportunities, including EU RTD results
- create a data-room for syndication opportunities to be offered to colleagues-investors
- access to the service center to identify appropriate service providers from the Gate2Growth community in a range of applications (IPR, assessment, legal,...)
- industry news and events services
- press release service, allowing a targeted distribution of own news stories
- market intelligence, industry reports and statistics
- promotion and networking opportunities in workshops, seminars, conferences and partnering events organised across Europe in the context of the Gate2Growth Initiative
Application for Full Membership may be open to independent, professional venture capital investing companies, based in the EU or any of the Associated States, that manage a commercial pool of venture capital (either fixed-life fund(s) or an evergreen) with:
- a maximum of 25% of the target capital from public or other not-for-profit sources and at least three, mutually independent investors
- a minimum investment capital of € 7 million
- a minimum investment focus of 50% on early stage technology investments defined as investments in companies that: (1) are less than 6 years old; (2) have fewer than 25 employees at the time of the first investment round; (3) are independent; (4) show demonstrable evidence of innovation through patents, RTD awards, national schemes or equivalent.
- a geographic focus on investment in the EU and/or any of the Associated States (target minimum 85% of the fund)
This capital pool has to be the first one with this investment focus managed by the investment team.
Associate Membership may be open to older and larger venture capital companies, as long as they manage one or more funds with €7 million or more in capital and with a 50 percent or greater focus on early stage technology investments as defined. After three years, Full Members would normally expect to transfer to Associate Member status.
The membership criteria may be regularly adapted in view of prevailing market conditions.
Contact for more information
home page contains all relevant information and membership criteria and can be found on the
I-TecNet is co-ordinated on behalf of the European Commission by
Mermaid Venture Aps