|Entrepreneurship Training Workshops |
The Gate2Growth Initiative is supporting a number of Entrepreneurship Training Workshops that accompany its business planning tools and services.
A partnership programme with local organisers has been set up, to bring these formats to entrepreneurs throughout Europe and to help strengthen local initiatives.
Furthermore, the Gate2Growth Initiative maintains in its Service Center a database of similar training initiatives and speakers in Europe, which can be consulted by innovative entrepreneurs that are preparing a business case.
|Workshop 1: Access to Finance |
Module 1 - Ingredients for Innovation
- From innovation to success
How to turn ideas into business successes. Key success factors: entrepreneurship and preparation
- The importance of Intellectual Property
The kinds of protection and the costs involved
- Innovation finance
Critical success factors
Overview of sources of finance
Finding your investment partner
Module 2 - Financiers and their habits
- Sources of finance
Different stages of companies, different types of finance and different providers:
- Equity providers (Business angels, Corporate investors and Venture capitalists)
- Sound business planning
Why a business plan and its functions
When a business plan, who can contribute
Outline of the contents (executive summary, market, product, management, marketing and sales, cashflow forecasts, the required financial package)
Module 3 - Case Studies
- Based on the situation of participants / entrepreneurs there will be a simulation of situations between investors and entrepreneurs.
|Workshop 2: Meeting Investors |
Module 1 - Approaching investors
- Negotiating with the investor
Identifying and locating sources of finance
Understanding investors' information needs
Initial review, initial meeting
Module 2 - Presenting to Investors
- Entrepreneurs' presentations
Selected entrepreneurs are requested to prepare a ten-minute presentation of their venture.
A panel of speakers and experts provides feedback.
The working language in the workshops is English. The maximum number of participants is 40.
Because sessions are open to participants' questions, the schedule is subject to minor adjustments.
Location and participation
These workshops are accessible to entrepreneurs registered at Gate2Growth.
- open workshops are organised every month at the Gate2Growth training center at the University of Antwerp Management School
- workshop sessions are organised at Gate2Growth events across Europe on a regular basis, as well as in events organised by local partners.
For further information, a workshop calendar and registration: www.gate2growth.com