Information on projects funded in this area can be found on the Find a Project page, where you can browse projects using the 'Activity Areas' search option.
Catalogue of Food Quality and Safety projects in FP6
The European Commissionâ€™s catalogue of all projects funded under the â€˜Food quality and safetyâ€™ strand of the Sixth Framework Programme (FP6) can be downloaded here, please click on the picture below (PDF 7 MB)
Between 2002 and 2006, a total of 181 projects received â‚¬751 million between them. The â€˜Food quality and safetyâ€™ priority covered many of the research topics addressed by FP5â€™s â€˜Quality of lifeâ€™ programme, but also encompassed new scientific areas:
- total food chain;
- epidemiology of food-related diseases and allergies;
- impact of food on health;
- traceability processes along the production chain;
- methods of analysis, detection and control;
- safer and more environmentally friendly production methods and technologies;
- the impact of animal feed on health, and
- environmental health risks.
Hard copies of the Projects Catalogue are available at:
Directorate-General for Research
Directorate E â€” Food, Agriculture and Biotechnologies
Unit E1 â€” Horizontal aspects and coordination
Contact: Lisa LOCCHI
Office [SDME 08/57]
Tel. (32-2) 29-5.06.36
E-mail: Lisa LOCCHI
Note: You can browse projects in all FP6 areas using the search options on the Find a Project page.
Case studies, results and video presentations of projects
- Food Research funded by Europe - La recherche alimentaire financÃ©e par l'Europe - Lebensmittelforschung finanziert von Europa. Five FP6 food research projects are presented live by the contractors (8 minutes video in three languages EN, DE, FR). Copies of the DVD (view cover) are available from Isabelle Van Borm.
- First results from various EU-funded projects: the European Commission presented first results from various EU-funded research projects in the area of food quality and safety.
- Case studies: GMO coexistence research in European agriculture.