Aeronautics and space
Information on projects funded in this area can be found on the Find a Project page, where you can browse projects using the 'Activity Areas' search option.
|Striving towards higher levels of technological excellence by consolidating and concentrating RTD efforts in the context of the Advisory Council for Aeronautics Research in Europe and the European Strategy for Space
- Strengthening competitiveness by reducing development costs, aircraft direct operating costs and improving passenger comfort
- Improving the environmental impact with regard to emissions and noise
- Improving aircraft safety and security
- Increasing operational capacity and safety of the air transport system
- Galileo: development of multisectorial systems, equipment and tools
- GMES: stimulate evolution of satellite-based information services by development of technologies (e.g. sensors, data and information models, services for global environment, land-use, desertification, disaster management)
- Satellite Telecommunications: to be integrated with the wider area of telecommunications, notably terrestrial systems
The indicative budget allocated to the Thematic Priority Aeronautics and space for the duration of FP6 is EUR 1 182 million.
- Information Day Third Call for Proposals in the areas of Energy and Transport (FP6-2004-TREN-3) Announcement and Registration Form (MS Word), 22 september 2004, Brussels
Links to previous activities:
Work undertaken on FP5 related to this area can be found at the following web pages: