- Energy research
- Energy/ Research policies and initiatives
- EU Institutions and services
- Other useful links
- The Thematic website on Energy Research provides information regarding the objectives, activities and policies of the European Commission with respect to European Union Energy Research.
- Sustainable Development, Global Change and Ecosystems is the "thematic priority" of FP6 which covers research into sustainable energy systems.
- The Seventh Framework Programme for research and technological development (FP7) defines the European Commission's priority areas for research for the period 2007-2013
- Integrating and strengthening ERA is one of the key objectives of FP6.
- The Research Fund for Coal and Steel programme supports research in the fields of coal and steel.
- The Joint Research Centre carries out scientific and technical research of particular relevance to EU policies and issues.
- Marie Curie actions : human resources and mobility actions for researchers.
- International cooperation in research
Energy/ Research policies and initiatives
- Intelligent Energy-Europe (IEE) Programme (in the framework of the Competitiveness and innovation programme - CIP )
- Sustainable Energy Europe Campaign 2005-2008
- ManagEnergy - an initiative of Directorate-General for Energy and Transport focusing on renewable energy and energy efficiency at local and regional levels.
- Technology Platforms
- CIVITAS Initiative - an initiative to help cities to achieve a more sustainable, celan and energy efficient urban transport.
- CONCERTO - a Europe wide initiative to address proactively the challenges of creating a more sustainable future for Europe's energy needs.
- Research Policy - this site outlines the place of research in the treaties establishing the European Union.
- ELTIS - European Local Transport Information Service
EU Institutions and services
- EUROPA is the website of all the European institutions and provides information on all aspects of their activities and policies.
- The European Commission This site gives details of all policy areas covered by the European Commission, and provides access to a wide variety of information sources, including official documents.
- Directorate-General for Research is primarily responsible for co-ordinating the implementation of the Commission's research policy and the Framework Programme within the EU.
Other useful links
- The International Energy Agency (IEA): dealing with all aspects of energy, this agency, which is linked to the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) is based in Paris, France.
Last updated on: 2009-02-10