- Life Sciences, Genomics and Biotechnology was the 'thematic priority' in the Sixth Framework Programme for the period 2002-2006. FP6 on CORDIS and Europa.
- LifeCompetence: the first global picture on the EU funded Health Research within FP6. The LifeCompetence web site provides extensive access to all 680 Health projects funded under FP6 Life Sciences, Genomics and Biotechnology for Health and International Cooperation for Health. Investigate what the EU is funding, identify partners for new projects, detect interesting results and new technologies, etc
Download the flyer [ ] - Contact
- New website: Research on infectious diseases (antimicrobial drug resistance, HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis, emerging epidemics, neglected infectious diseases)
- New: Health Research website
Health Related Research in FP7
- Food, Agriculture and Fisheries and Biotechnology
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Nanosciences, Nanotechnologies, Materials, and new Production technologies
- Socio-economic sciences & the humanities (SSH)
- FP7 on CORDIS and Europa
- Experts area on Participant Portal
- Participate in FP7
- International S&T cooperation in FP7
- Capacities : International Scientific Cooperation, Research Infrastructure and SMEs
- Ideas : European Research Council (ERC)
- Eureka supports the competitiveness of European companies
- EUROSTARS Programme - more opportunities for SMEs in health research
- SME TechWeb
EU Institutions and services
- Europa is the website of all the European institutions and provides information on all aspects of their activities and policies.
- The European Commission This site gives details of all policy areas covered by the European Commission, and provides access to a wide variety of information sources, including official documents.
- Directorate-General for Health and Consumer Protection provides the Health-EU Portal, the official public health portal of the European Union which presents a wide range of information and data on health-related issues and activities at both European and international level.
- The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) is an EU agency with aim to strengthen Europe's defences against infectious diseases. The ECDC identifies, assesses and communicates current and emerging threats to human health posed by infectious diseases. The ECDC publishes call for tenders and call for proposals in the specific area of communicable diseases.
- Directorate-General for Enterprise and Industry is doing a lot to create a friendly environment for businesses and to stimulate innovation. DG ENTR also provides the European portal for SMEs which gives access to information on the whole spectrum of EU policies, legislation, programmes and initiatives relevant to Europe's small and medium-sized enterprises. The Entreprise Europe Network offers a comprehensive range of services for European SMEs and entrepreneurs. The new on-line tool developed by DG Enterprise and Industry and the Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation combines and builds on the former Innovation Relay Centres and Euro Info Centers. Services are specifically designed for SMEs but are also available to all businesses, research centres and Universities across Europe.
- Directorate-General for Research is primarily responsible for co-ordinating the implementation of the Commission's research policy and the Framework Programme within the EU.
- EGE – European Group on Ethics in Science and New Technologies
- The Joint Research Centre carries out scientific and technical research of particular relevance to EU policies and issues.
- All EU Publication Links
- All EU-Legislation Links
Research policies and initiatives
- IMI - The Innovative Medicines Initiative
- Technology Platforms - information from the European Commission services on the development of technology platforms.
- Research Policy - this site outlines the place of research in the treaties establishing the European Union.
- Investing in European Research
- European Innovation Policy
Last updated on: 2012-07-31