FP7 ICT-2007.4.2 - Call 3: Intelligent Content and Semantics
The European Commission funds ICT research by selecting project proposals submitted in response to a 'Call for proposals'.
The Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Work Programme 2007-2008 under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) included three calls for proposals. For Challenge 4, Intelligent Content and Semantics, more specifically FP7 ICT Call 1 and FP7 ICT Call 3 .
The third call was published in the Official Journal C 290/13, 4 December 2007 and on CORDIS, with a deadline for submission of proposals on 8 April 2008 at 17:00 Brussels local time.
Useful links and key documents
- Excerpts: Challenge 4: Digital libraries and Content - Objective 1: Digital libraries and technology-enhanced learning and Objective 2: Intelligent Content and Semantics ( 96KB )
- Technical background notes Call 3: Detailed guidance for Call 3 proposers ( 239KB )
- Presentation: Intelligent Content in FP7 ICT Call 3 (December 2007) ( 270KB )
- Overview: Outcome of Call 1 ( 77KB )
- FP7 Project portfolio
Public consultation - Future research
A public consultation on future research directions and priorities beyond 2008, were you could actively contribute to the preparation of the Work Programme for 2009-2010, was held in the first quarter of 2008.
- Paper on the outcome of the consultations: Towards the FP7 ICT Workprogramme 2009-2010 . ( 56KB )
We offered an inquiry service during spring 2008. Proposers where invited to send us, by e-mail, a brief description of the proposal they intended to submit for Call 3. Within a few working days we gave feedback, due to be used to improve the actual proposal.
Instructions on how to proceed where given in the following steps:
How to get early feedback?
a) Describe the rationale and the problem area your proposal addresses, in particular
- Specify the intended user profile and related tasks
- Describe actual or prospective applications
- Detail data sets: source(s), typology, volume
How will the proposal contribute to the objectives and impacts set out in the Work Programme?
- What are the key scientific and technological innovations?
- What will be the main concrete results?
- What public outputs are foreseen?
- What impact do you expect (scientific, technical, socio-economic)?
b) Describe the consortium
- Give partners' names or profiles, and the intended skills mix
- Indicate the intended instrument (if known)
Indicate the scale of your ambition
- What is the estimated effort (man-months)
- How long will the proposed project last?
- What amount of EU funding are you looking for?
This page is maintained by: (email removed)