Technologies for Information Management
On this page you will find the main events and presentations on the FP7 track, where the unit 'Technologies for Information Management' or funded research projects managed by the unit contributes as chair, sponsors, organisers, speakers etc.
- Visit also the page: Events (upcomming events and relevant past events).
- 27-29 September 2010
- ICT Event 2010 – Europe's biggest research event for information and communication technologies
- Brussels, Belgium
- 11-12 May 2009
- ICT Call 5 Information and Networking Event - ICT FP7 SO 4.3: Intelligent Information Management
- Jean Monnet Conference Centre, Luxembourg
- This Information and Networking Event addressed the research community preparing project proposals for ICT Call 5, objective 4.3: Intelligent Information Management. The Event aimed at helping participants to better understand the work programme and success criteria for poposals, to facilitate sharing of ideas and experiences, and to find partners for project consortia.
- Please find: The complete set of presentations , including the presentations from the Matchmaking Session.
- 22 January 2009
- FP7 ICT Proposers' Day 2009
- Budapest, Hungary
- The Proposers' Day 2009 followed the ICT 2008 event in Lyon , where the 2009-2010 work programme was presented and where networking activities started. The Proposer's Day, organised by The European Commission's Information Society and Media Directorate-General in cooperation with the Hungarian National Office for Research and Technology attracted more than 1500 people from all over Europe and beyond. The event helped researchers, interested in the upcoming calls for proposals of the FP7 ICT Theme, to find potential partners.
- Visit the page: Technologies for Information Management at ICT Proposers' Day
- 25-27 November 2008
- ICT Event 2008 – "I"s to the Future: Invention – Innovation - Impact
- Lyon, France
- The biennial ICT Event is the most important forum for discussing research and public policy in information and communication technologies at European level. The event was organised by the European Commission in cooperation with the French Presidency of the European Union and examined European Union priorities in ICT research for over EUR 2 billion of funding available in 2009-2010. ICT 2008 set the agenda for ICT research and innovation in Europe for the next decade.
- Visit the page: Technologies for Information Management at ICT 2008
- 12-13 December 2007
- Call-3 in Motion : Information days Challenge 4 - Intelligent Content and Semantics
- Jean Monnet Building conference complex, Luxembourg
- This two-day workshop provided information and networking opportunities for the research and industrial communities considering submitting a proposal under the third call. At the same time there were FP6 showcases, presentations of selected Call 1 projects, as well as preliminary discussions about possible research directions beyond 2008.
- 1 February 2007
- FP7 ICT Proposers Day: KÖLN 2007 - Information Day on European ICT Research & Development
- Cologne , Germany
- This one day event was following up the IST 2006 Event and helped ICT researchers respond to the calls for proposals under the work programme 2007/2008 of the 7th Framework Programme for R&D. A opportunity to meet other people with similar or complementary research interests, and wishing to form project consortia.
- Find presentation and comments on the Köln 2007 Workshop and Networking Session page: Objective 2007.4.2 Intelligent Content and Semantics .
- 24-25 January 2007
- FP7 in Motion - FP7 Information Days: Cognitive Systems, Interaction, Robotics, Digital Libraries and Content
- These information days were dedicated to the research challenges in the first ICT Work Programme of FP7 which fall under the responsibility of the 'Content' Directorate: Cognitive Systems, Interaction, Robotics, Digital Libraries and Content. The event helped participants to understand the work programme, facilitated sharing of ideas and experiences, and to find partners for project consortia.
- 6-8 December 2006
- SAMT 2006 - The first International Conference on Semantic and Digital Media Technologies
- Athens , Greece
- Former European Workshop on the Integration of knowledge, semantic and digital MediaTechnologies (EWIMT). SAMT 2006 was sponsored by the IST Projects AceMedia , K-Space and Muscle . The IST Projects MESH sponsored the Industry Day , and X-Media sponsored the best paper award.
- SAMT 2006 brought together researchers and developers working in the integration of knowledge, semantics and media processing, linking the academia with the industry exploiting the emerging technology. In cooperation with the European Commission DG Information Society, the third day of the conference was dedicated to the IST research programme under the Framework Programme 7 and included keynote talks from Commission representatives .
- Roberto Cencioni, Head of Unit 'Knowledge and Content Technologies, gave the talk: From Intelligent Content to Actionable Knowledge: Research Directions and Opportunities under Framework Programme 7 . Find the presentation ( 145KB ).
- 21-23 November 2006
- IST Event 2006 - Strategies for Leadership
- Helsinki, Finland
- The second day of the Conference was devoted to the Framework Programme 7, and the unit 'Knowledge and Content Technologies' organized a session presenting the research areas for 2007-2008: Intelligent Content and Semantics , with two invited speakers: Paul Kafno and Richard Benjamins. Four topical networking sessions and workshops were offered, and 10 research projects were represented in the exhibition.
- Get a flavour of the IST 2006 Event: Intelligent Content and Semantics at IST 2006 Event ( 271KB ).
This page is maintained by: The INFSO.E2 Webmaster