- Objective 6.2 in ICT Call 2
a) 'a) ICT research in Cooperative Systems'
b) 'b) Field Operational Tests'
c) c) Coordination and Support Actions
- Expected impact
Objective ICT-2007.6.2 in ICT Call 2
|Objective ICT-2007.6.2||Publication date||Closure date||Budget (M€)||Funding schemes|
|ICT for Cooperative Systems||12/06/07||09/10/07||48||CP, NoE, CSA|
To download all the necessary documents concerning ICT Call 2 go to FP7-ICT-2007-2.
Indicative budget distribution among the funding schemes: 48 M€:
- CP 43 M€ of which a minimum of 19 M€ to IP and a minimum of 12 M€ to STREP;
- NoE 2.5 M€
- CSA 2.5 M€
- ICT research in Co-operative Systems will deliver advanced, reliable, fast and secure vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication for new functionalities, real-time traffic management and new levels of support to active safety systems in vehicles and to the driver. By combining technologies such as accurate positioning and improved sensor networking, research is expected to lead towards “zero-accident” scenarios. An increasing number of vehicles with ICT-links to the transport infrastructure will make it possible to optimise traffic management at large scale.
- Field Operational Tests are large-scale test programmes aiming at a comprehensive assessment of the efficiency, quality, robustness and user-friendliness of ICT solutions for smarter, safer and cleaner vehicles and real-time network management.
- Coordination and Support Actions in the framework of the Intelligent Car initiative aim at international co-operation, standardisation and training activities as well as to assess socio-economic impact.
- Common pan-European architecture, standards and deployment model for cooperative systems.
- World leadership of Europe's transport industry in the emerging area of Co-operative Systems and in road and network operator’s tools.
- Significant improvements in safety, security, energy efficiency, emissions reduction, comfort and sustainability of transport. This includes contribution towards the objective of reducing fatalities with 50% in EU-25 by 2010, and on longer term work towards the 'zero-fatalities' scenario and a contribution to a significant reduction in the energy consumption and congestion in road transport.
- Proof-of-concept to all stakeholders through Field Operational Tests ensuring the wider take up of intelligent vehicle systems and co-operative systems.