FP7: FET Proactive Coordination and Support Actions (CA & SA)
Coordination and Support Actions give support to activities aimed at coordinating or supporting research activities and policies (networking, exchanges, trans-national access to research infrastructures, studies, conferences, etc).
FP7 Call 10 has closed on 16 January 2013
FP7 ICT Call 10 website: all info for proposers, including the SPECIFIC "Guides for Applicants FET PROACTIVE ONLY"
- ICT Proposers' Day 2012 - 26-27 September 2012, Warsaw (PL): Commission presentation on "CA & SA" given at the networking session (82KB).
- 4 proposals submitted in Call 9 are currently under negotiation.
Objective ICT-2013.9.8 Coordinating communities, identifying new research topics for FET Proactive initiatives and fostering interdisciplinary dialogue
(Extract from Work programme text)
a) Short duration actions (typically 6-12 Months) to organise consultations of multidisciplinary communities to formulate novel FET research topics, focussing on new emerging research areas for H2020 related to ICT and beyond. The main objective should be to identify new research avenues from a global perspective, the associated fundamental challenges, and to analyse the expected impact on science, technology and society.
b) Actions supporting the coordination and cooperation of the targeted research communities, fostering the consolidation of research agendas, assessing the impact and proposing measures to increase the visibility of specific topics to the scientific community, to targeted industries and to the public at large.
c) Actions supporting and promoting cooperation with non-EU research teams in foundational research on FET topics, with a balanced participation from partners in the EU and from target countries.
d) Actions to organise conferences and workshops which should foster dialogue between science, policy and society on the role and challenges of interdisciplinary long-term research, increasing Europe’s creativity and innovation base and bridging diverse European research communities and disciplines.
- Novel, widely supported research topics to be considered as inputs for future FET work programmes;
- Reinforced coordination of research projects in FET Proactive Initiatives in current or previous calls;
- Strengthened research excellence and co-operation with partners from outside Europe;
- Early identification and increased awareness of new trends emerging on a global scale in support of future proactive initiatives;
Funding Schemes: CSA
Indicative budget: EUR 3 million
Extract ICT-FET in the FP7 Work Programme 2013 (590KB), including the specific "FET eligibility and evaluation criteria".
ICT PROPOSERS' Day - 19-20 May 2011, Budapest (HU) : FET Proactive: Coordinating Communities, Identifying new research topics for FET Proactive initiatives and Fostering Networking of National and Regional Research Programmes (WP 2011-2012 - objective 9.12)
- Commission presentation given at networking session ( 44KB)
- Description of this objective & target outcome & expected Impact & other info related to the planned calls in 2011-2012 can be found in the extract ICT-FET in the FP7 Work Programme 2011-2012 ( 240KB).
- FET Coordination Action Workshop (26-27 October 2010, Brussels): presentations online and workshop report ( 350KB)
Call open: 10 July 2012
Deadline for submission of proposals: 15 January 2013 (17h Brussels local time)
Evaluation: Febr - March 2013
Negotiations: Summer 2013
Start of projects: Autumn 2013