Study on European Internet traffic: monitoring tools and analysis - SMART 2012/0046
Short description of nature and quantity or value of supplies or services
Collection and analysis of appropriate European Internet traffic data from existing sources for:
- long-term/offline purposes e.g. planning of EU backbones/infrastructures, research and innovation priorities,etc.
- short-term/online purposes e.g. early warning system for cyber attacks, prioritisation of traffic in case ofemergency, etc.
Gap analysis for monitoring tools and methods:
- What tools exist to effectively monitor European Internet traffic?
- What do we miss and what do we need more?
- What broadly accepted metrics should be defined?
- What monitoring is necessary for public Interest uses beyond commercial purposes?
- What monitoring facilities areexisting/needed and what sort of federated monitoring models can be applied in Europe?
What 'telescopes' and'microscopes'
we need for the Internet in Europe?
- Maximum Value: 400.000 €
- Deadline for receipt of tenders/requests: 7 September 2012
- Contact for all requests: email@example.com
This page is maintained by: CNECT E4