Strengthening the environment for web entrepreneurs in Europe
Europe needs to strengthen the environment for web entrepreneurs to grasp the new opportunities offered by the web and the apps economy. Due to the dynamic nature of the web entrepreneurs' environment, this initiative kicked-off after the Digital Agenda Assembly 2011 with an internal and external feasibility study of the 53 actions proposed by the stakeholders at the Assembly. Most of the activities launched so far falls into three categories: celebration and awareness creation, understanding the ecosystem and structuring the community. The detailed list (with hyperlinks) is:
Celebration and awareness creation
2. TechAllstars : A web entrepreneurs camp to select the best EU start-ups in the early stage
3. Prize for best European web entrepreneurs
4. Informing Member States about training and education needs of web entrepreneurs ( DK Presidency High Level Conference. Session on turning online start-ups into global players )
5. Dialogue between Web developers, Social networks, EC services and Data Protection Authorities about data protection and access to big data for apps development. We facilitated the interaction between the EU social networks founders and DG JUST.
8. Campus Party Europe . Biggest technology festival in the world for the youngsters who might become web entrepreneurs.
10. Study on EU web economy & enlarging the web stakeholders (OPUS study)
Structuring the community
Note that the action 1. on EU-wide online bulletin board to connect start-ups (The web entrepreneurs partnership) has also a big contribution to structuring the community.
13. Network of EU Accelerators
14. Network of EU Investors active in tech startups
15. Network of EU Social Networks CEOs