Electronic Submission of Grant Agreement Preparation Forms
The GPF (Grant Agreement Preparation Form) Editor has been developed to allow electronic exchange of Grant Agreement Preparation Forms (GPF) between applicant and Commission representatives. For technical reasons, the GPF editor has been designed as a Windows application. Its use involves 3 parts out of which 2 can be downloaded from this page:
- Official GPF data files with pre-filled data (taken out of initial submitted proposal) which will be supplied by the relevant Commission representative for later update by the consortium and/or co-ordinator.
- Software application (please refer to new GPF Editor 1.7 , (4.250KB), supported by a user guide (please refer to GPF Editor User Guide - version 1.0 , 973KB )
Note : Each guide can be opened in your Internet browser provided that the Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed on your PC. If this is not the case, you could download the reader at no cost from http://www.adobe.com/ . The guide could also be saved on your local hard disk for future reference.
Please take note of the following:
- The application cannot be used without the data file.
- The GPF data file can only be safely and duly processed using GPF Editor.
- Do not use any word processing, browser or spreadsheet tool to alter the GPF files as they may be corrupted.
Receiving Pre-Filled GPF
Pre-filled GPF will be sent to you by the Commission representative â?? Head of Unit (HoU), Project Officer (PO) or Scientific Officer (SO). Such documents will only be sent to co-ordinators of projects selected after the proposal evaluation process, in order to prepare and start the negotiation phase. This pre-filled GPF will clearly include the proposal number.
Downloading the GPF Editor Application and Related User Manual
When you click on the GPF Editor 1.1 link, you will download the GPF Editor application. In order to perform the upgrade the following two-step process should be performed by all users (new and existing):
- Make a back-up of all your GPF data files present in (or under) the installation folder of a previous version of the GPF Editor application.
- Install the version 1.1 of the GPF Editor application in a new installation folder.
- Copy your GPF data files in (or under) the installation folder of version 1.1 of the GPF Editor application.
- Note : When you open a GPF file previously saved with an older version, a message will appear saying that your file is from an older version and it will be automatically converted.
- Please remove the previous installation of an older GPF Editor version if it was installed on your machine.
- Run the GPF Editor Version 1.1
GPF Editor Software
To download the GPF editor application, please click on the following link: GPF Editor 1.6 , (4.239KB). Please note that this software has been compressed using the zip format. When the file resides on your hard disk, you will have to extract it to a specific directory you should have created on your PC.
GPF Editor User Guide
To read the GPF user guide, please click on the following link: GPF Editor User Guide - version 1.0 ( 973KB ). This user guide is available in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to view or print it.
The user guide contains all information necessary related to the use of the GPF editor:
- viewing the data file you may have received from EC representative
- editing and verifying these data
- printing and signing the forms presenting all these data
- setting roles and responsibilities inside the consortium ( please note that co-ordinating partners are responsible for the collation of changes made by other members of the consortium. The co-ordinating partner should only return the complete and updated version of the GPF to the Commission ).
Should a co-ordinator face a TECHNICAL problem (not linked to data indicated in the forms), support ( for all calls related to FP7 ) should be directed to this (e-mail removed) .
The helpdesk will address all issues related to GPF editor and will be available from 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM (CET) upon reserve of e-mail communications flow. Any request will be treated on a principle FI/FO (first in/first out basis).
Questions related to GPF content, mandatory values, business rules, etc are best handled by the Project Officer / Scientific Officer assigned to your proposal and GPF.
To ensure a prompt service, any assistance request should be addressed to the right contact in the Commission including compulsory explicit indication as to
- call reference
- proposal number
- name of relevant research Directorate General
- name of EC PO (Project Officer) or SO (Scientific Officer)
- type of GPF
- version number of the GPF editor
- operating system of co-ordinator PC
- name, organisation and phone number