Call for sponsoring a lighting installation in the European Commission headquarter (Berlaymont building)
DG Information Society and Media, the Photonics unit has published a Call for Sponsors . This Call invites you to submit proposals to sponsor a pilot action for the installation of an innovative lighting solution based on Solid State Lighting (SSL) technologies (LEDs and/or OLEDs) in the Berlaymont building in Brussels , the main seat of the European Commission. The Call is to be seen as part of the European Commission's efforts to promote the wider deployment of advanced SSL and more specifically, in the context of the Green Paper "Lighting the Future ".
For all interested potential sponsors a visit of the ground floor of the Berlaymont building will be organised on 17 April 2012. Interested sponsors are requested to make contact in due time with the responsible EC services as listed in the Call text.
The deadline for submitting proposals for sponsorship has changed. It's now the 31st May 2012 .
Latest news : a second visit to the ground floor of the Berlaymont building will be organized on 16 May 2012 at 10:00 CET. Interested sponsors are requested to make contact in due time with the responsible EC services as listed in the Call text.
For further details see also:
- A pilot implementation of an innovative lighting solution based Solid State Lighting (SSL) technologies (LEDs and/or OLEDs): Call for Sponsors
- Draft model sponsorship contract
- FAQ document with extra information being provided after the visit of the 17th April to the Berlaymont building
- Plan of the Berlaymont ground floor area
- Pictures of the Berlaymont ground floor area
- Read more on the public consultation on the Green Paper: Lighting the Future: Accelerating the Deployment of Innovative Lighting Technologies
- Read more on Action 72: Launch Green Paper on Solid State Lighting (SSL)
- Read more on the Digital Agenda for Europe and Pillar VII: ICT for Social Challenges