SSL Pilots under the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP)
The 2011 ICT PSP Workprogramme, part of the CIP Framework Programme (see below for further information), included a specific Objective 1.1: Innovative lighting systems based on Solid State Lighting (SSL) . This is to fund large scale pilot actions to demonstrate the best use of innovative lighting systems based on SSL for better light quality and control with a substantial reduction in energy consumption. We are currently negotiating projects whose pilot applications are in the area of exterior lighting e.g. streets, restaurant areas and public buildings as well as interior lighting e.g. museums and other visitor centres. The projects will cooperate in the area of lighting quality and efficiency measurements as well as with dissemination in order to get the highest impact across Europe. It is planned that the pilot actions will start on 1st January 2012, at which time more information can be given.
- More information on CIP ICT PSP call 5 and objective 1.1 (Call opened: 1 March 2011 / Closed: 1 June 2011)
Workshops and other meeting related to Solid State Lighting pilots
- ICT PSP Infoday 28 Feb. 2011 - Brussels, BE (see also here )
- Thematic Workshop on the Solid State Lighting pilots : 7 April 2011 - Brussels, BE
General information about the CIP Programme
The CIP runs from 2007 to 2013 with an overall budget of €3621 million.
- The 2011 ICT PSP Workprogramme is available here
- Extract from the ICT PSP work programme 2011 covering objective 1.1
The CIP is divided into three operational programmes. Each programme has its specific objectives, aimed at contributing to the competitiveness of enterprises and their innovative capacity in their own areas, such as ICT or sustainable energy:
- The Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme ( EIP )
- The Information Communication Technologies Policy Support Programme ( ICT-PSP )
- The Intelligent Energy Europe Programme ( IEE )
See also related links:
Contact & information:
For any further information on SSL Pilots under CIP, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to the
SSL-Team in Unit A1
'Photonics & Organic Electronics'
CNECT-SSL (at) ec.europa.eu .