This section has been transferred to the following http://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/science-and-technology/robotics . Please update your bookmarks.
News and Events
- 25 November - 1 December 2013
- European Robotics Week 2013
The annual European Robotics Week begins during the last week of November. Different events take place all over Europe where schools, companies, research centres and labs open the doors for the general public to come and look at the exhibitions and participate in guided tours. You will also be able to see robots in action on public squares. The aim of the robotics week is to encourage students to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering and maths. Schools, companies and research labs have made videos available on an interactive map of Europe on the Robotics Labs Live Online website. You can also follow the European Robotics Week on Facebook
- 23-27 September 2013
EURATHLON 2013 - Robot Competition for Disaster-Response Scenarios
in Berchtesgaden, Germany
EURATHLON is a new robot competition supported by the European Commission in the FP7.
The vision of EURATHLON is to provide real-world robotics challenges that will test the
intelligence and autonomy of outdoor/off-road robots in demanding mock disaster-response
scenarios. Inspired by the Fukushima disaster it envisions a competition that requires
autonomous flying, land and underwater robots acting together to survey the disaster,
collect environmental data, and identify critical hazards. In 2013 the competition will focus
on land based vehicles. While in 2014 the competition addresses sea based vehicles, in 2015
it will be held as a joined land, sea and air event.
- 11,12,13 September 2013
3rd Joint Workshop on New Technologies for Computer/Robot Assisted Surgery
in Verona, Italy
This workshop seeks to give a clear view on the status and recent trends in modern assistive
surgical robotic technology. The workshop aims to conceive concrete measures to achieve a
critical mass in EU research and innovation, to identify crucial steps necessary to stimulate
cooperation among the research projects and to optimally grasp opportunities
offered by Horizon2020.
- 27 September 2013
VANAHEIM Final demonstration
in Paris, France
VANAHEIM is a EU-funded project which aims at studying innovative audio/video surveillance components for underground stations in Turin and Paris helping to identify unusual events such as people falling on the tracks or in the stairs for example . The final VANAHEIM system will be demonstrated during one final event in Paris. The event is free, but registration is necessary (please see the webpage).
- 25 June 2013
- RSS 2013 - Robotics: Science and Systems Conference in Berlin:
Robotics in H2020 – latest development: the Robotics PPP* and beyond
(*Public Private Partnership) - Cécile Huet - EC;
- The Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in Robotics ( 1,98MB) - Rainer Bischoff - KUKA;
- The Strategic Research Agenda ( 1,94MB) - Tamim Asfour - KIT, Giorgio Metta - IIT .
- 6-10 May 2013
- ICRA 2013 - 2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation in Karlsruhe,
- 25 April 2013
- Robotics Innovation Challenge 2013 in Eskilstuna, Sweden
- 11-12 April 2013
- RoboBusiness Europe conference in Genoa, Italy
- 19-21 March 2013
- European Robotics Forum 2013 , the biggest robotics Research and Development event in Europe,
- Lyon, France
Interested in EU R&D&I Programme in Robotics?
Don't miss the presentation at RSS - Robotics: Science and Systems 2013, in Berlin - http://www.roboticsconference.org/
Tuesday 25/06 Lunch break: Robotics in H2020 – latest development: the Robotics PPP* and beyond. (*Public Private Partnership)
Speakers: Tamim Asfour - KIT, Rainer Bischoff - KUKA, Cécile Huet - EC, Giorgio Metta - IIT
Where: Room: H1036
We were at the Robtep 2012 conference in Strbské pleso, High Tatras, in Slovakia, which took place from 14 to 16 November 2012. During the event dedicated to the industrial, service and humanoid robotics we gave a presentation [ 1.45 MB ] about the European Research, Development and Innovation programme on Robotics.
- Here you can find out the results of the Robotics Eurobarometer Survey .
FP7 ICT Call 10 was opened on 10th July 2012 and was closed on 15th January 2013. For more information on the Call, please check the link .
- The Call Factories of the Future - 2013 was opened on 10th July 2012 and was closed on 4th December 2012. We call for the following target outcome: Robot solutions for the new manufacturing applications.
- FP7 Information Days on the Economic Recovery Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) were organised on 9 and 10 July 2012 in Brussels. In conjunction with the event was held a workshop on ICT-driven innovation in the Factories of the Future (FoF) under ICT Work Programme 2013 and beyond . We presented research funding opportunities in application experiments for robotics (Robot solutions for new manufacturing applications), as part of the objective FoF-ICT-2013.7.1 of the Work Programme 2013.
- As of 1st July 2012 the Information Society and Media Directorate-General became the Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology ( DG CONNECT ) and the name of our unit Cognitive Systems, Interaction, Robotics changed to Robotics.
This page is maintained by: (email removed)