Study on "Economic and social impact of Software and Software based Services" (ref. SMART2009/0041)
The call for tender for the Study on the "Economic and social impact of Software and Software based Services" in support to the definition of a European Software Strategy has been published on December 20, 2008, for a maximum budget of 500 000 €.
The objectives of the study are to:
- identify the economic / social impact of the European software and services industry on Europe and the elements that are determinant for its growth and competitiveness
- assess the future market impact and expected market transformation due to the emerging Internet of Services
- derive policy recommendations to remove barriers and foster the development of the software industry
The contract has been awarded to Pierre Audoin Consultants, with subcontractors IDATE, Fraunhofer ISI, and London Economics. The contract started on 1 April 2009 and will end on 30 June 2010.
The study has published the following deliverables:
- D2 - The European Software Industry
- D3 - Baseline Scenario for 2020
- D3 - Executive Summary
- FINAL Executive Summary
- FINAL Report (full)
Please send any comments, suggestions, questions to our Unit Mailbox .
This page is maintained by: Sabine Posdziech