- 14-15/10/2010 Athens, EL
- E-Energy 2010
- This is the 1st International ICST Conference on E-Energy. It aims to provide a focused and highly interactive forum where researchers and technologists have the opportunity to present and discuss leading research, developments, and future directions in the usage of ICT in Power Systems. The goal of this event is to present best research efforts and a forum where new concepts can be introduced and explored.
- 27-29/09/2010 Brussels, BE
- ICT2010: conference, networking sessions and exhibition
- *27/09/2010 - Conference session on Mobilising ICT for Energy Efficiency
This session aims to address ambitious policies and targets to be achieved for improving energy efficiency, by presenting the contribution that Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) can make to enable a sustainable, low carbon society. The speakers will focus on how ICT can contribute to reshaping the demand side of our energy-dependant society, reducing energy consumption and subsequently CO2 emissions in key sectors of the economy such as energy, buildings and construction, transport and logistics, as well as in the public sector, in cities and urban areas. Find out more on the ICT2010 event website
*28/09/2010 - Networking sessions on
- REEB & ICT4E2B Forum: a European-wide initiative for long-term Strategic Research in ICT-enabled Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Energy aware ICT optimization policies for data centres
- ICT for SmartGrids with DER: building the European Power System of Tomorrow
- 8-10/09/2010 Porto, PT
- European Workshop on Optical Fibre Sensors
- This initiative aims at promoting a scientific meeting with a high level of interaction between participants, enabling an open debate and the assessment of new concepts, technologies and applications in the domain of optical fibre sensors, as well as the establishment of new collaborations and networks. EWOFS'2010 also intends to complement in time and geographical location the international conferences in this area, particularly the International Conference on Optical Fibre Sensors.
- 17-20/05/2010 Barcelona, ES
- BDigital Global Congress, Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- This congress is organized by Barcelona Digital, an ICT Technology Centre based in the 22@ District, a new and fast-growing Technology and Innovation zone in the city of Barcelona. Barcelona Digital’s mandate is to perform R+D+i in the ICT sector and to develop the Society of Information and Knowledge.
- 13-14/04/2010 Valencia, ES
- IV Conference of the FP7 in Spain, The European RTD Framework Programmes: From Economic Recovery To Sustainability
- The Conference “The European Framework Programmes: From Economic Recovery to Sustainability” was the key public event in a series of new Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) as cornerstone of the smart investments of the European Economic Recovery Plan including Energy Efficient Buildings (EeB).
- 13-14/04/2010 Frankfurt, DE
- IEECB Focus, Improving Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings Conference 2010
- Light+Building is characterised by a range of products and services unparalleled in terms of depth and breadth, a high degree of internationality, growing visitor numbers and a reputation as an innovation forum where new products are launched onto the world market for the first time. All market leaders from the fields of lighting, electrical engineering and building automation take part in the biennial trade fair for the sector. Within this unique framework, over 2,000 exhibitors present their latest products, innovations and trends at an almost fully booked-up Frankfurt Fair and Exhibition Centre.
- 23-25/03/2010 Tampa,FL, USA
- DISTRIBUTECH-2010 and DISTRIBUTECH-Water 2010 Conferences
- The 20th DISTRIBUTECH Conference and Exhibition covered automation and control systems, energy efficiency, engineering, demand response, renewable integration, power delivery equipment and water utility technology. Furthermore, the DISTRIBUTECH-Water 2010 was a water conference track (www.distributech-water.com) which provided the latest information on water utility management systems, equipment and technologies. The focus was on automatic meter reading, customer information systems, energy management and security systems. It also included more than 300 exhibiting water and power companies offering products specifically targeting the water industry and utilities. Beside plenary session, both specific sessions on Water and networking meetings included electric grids experts.
- 25/03/2010 Brussels, BE
- ICT and smart grids – smart sustainable solutions for intelligent and efficient energy management , EUSEW
- ICT leaders are promoting energy efficiency, leading to lower carbon emissions. Leading companies are developing smart grids, optimizing power supply, demand, management, security and resilience. Forward thinking ICT companies are incorporating eco-efficiency in all aspects of business planning and operations.
GeSI's SMART 2020 Report notes the key areas where ICT can enable other sectors to reduce emissions include: power grids, transport logistics, motor systems, and buildings and across all areas, dematerialization (replacing physical products and services with virtual equivalents).
A critical area is modernizing our electrical power grids. This event will feature a panel of speakers that will present on: EU policy initiatives, platforms and programs, current smart grid projects a nd close with an interactive session on visions for the future.
The European Commission Overview
- 02-06/03/2010 Hannover, DE
- Cebit Green IT
- CeBIT green IT presented current and future solutions for greater material and energy efficieny in and through ICT and for a better climate. At the forum , they hosted daily conferences, panel discussions and speeches that discuss various aspects of Green IT. On Tuesday, an international conference on Sustainable Green IT Practices with speakers from Europe, Japan and the US took place. On Wednesday, the forum hosted a conference on e-Energy and a high-ranking panel discussion. Recycling and Remarketing was the topic of Thursday's conference. On Friday, for the fourth time, the German Federal Ministery of Environment and BITKOM hosted their annual conference at CeBIT green IT with attendance of the German Minister of Environment and the president of BITKOM.
- 23-24/02/2010 Brussels, BE
- ICT4EE 2010: High Level Event on ICT for Energy Efficiency
- This is the second EU Key Event on ICT for Energy Efficiency. It aims to become a vehicle to drive progress in the transition to an energy-efficient and low-carbon economy following the terms of the EC "Recommendation C(2009) 7604".
Discussions will be focused on policies and technical advances in the fields of ICT for Energy Efficiency, Smart Cities, Smart Metering, Smart Buildings, Logistics and Transport, Smart Grid, The role of the Media in improving awareness, Energy Efficient Data Centres and New Business Models on an Energy Liberalised Market.
The events results are available on the ICT4EE 2010 event web site
- 22-25/09/2009 Brussels, BE
- Save it! EESC energy efficiency days
- The EESC's Section for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure has organised a public 4-day event centred around a temporary sustainable building to be erected on Quai aux Briques (Sainte Catherine) in the heart of Brussels: the Pallet House, winner of the 2008 European Student competition on sustainable architecture. Lots of different activities will be taking place on the 4 days in and around the Pallet House.
For further details, please visit the Save it! EESC energy efficiency days website.
- 19/03/2009 Brussels, BE
- The High-level event on ICT for Energy Efficiency will be held in the Charlemagne building on 19th and 20th March 2009. This event aims to accord visibility to the potential of ICTs in enabling energy efficiency and to the actions adopted by the Commission to ensure this potential is realised.
For more details please click here.
- 25-27/03/2009 Prague, CZ
- TOWARDS eENVIRONMENT
- The conference is a meeting place for experts on leading edge ICT technologies. It aims to foster the standardization and integration of environmental data and information flows in Europe and beyond, which are essential pre-requirements for managing our natural resources in a framework of sustainable development.
- For more details, please click here.
- 12/02/2009 Brussels, BE
- The EUSEW is the key annual reference point for sustainable energy issues in Europe. The events organised during EUSEW cover key topics that highlight the multi-sectoral nature of sustainable energy development and stress the need for everyone to work together towards a common goal.
For more details please click here.
- 22/01/2009 Budapest, HU
- FP7-ICT Proposers' Day 2009
- This event focus on the Information and Communication Technologies Research 2009-2010. It is designed in order to help meeting potential collaborators and facilitate the formation of research consortia. European Commission staff will also be present to advise on the specifics of the 2009-2010 work programme, and on the general rules and procedures for participating in calls for proposals.
- For more information, please click here.
This page is maintained by: Sonia MARCONI