Digital Libraries and Digital Preservation: ICT Call 6 Information Day
9 October 2009, Luxembourg
This event addressed researchers interested in submitting project proposals to the sixth ICT call under FP7, objective ICT-2009.4.1:
Digital Libraries and Digital Preservation.
The information day aimed at helping participants to better understand the work programme and criteria for the evaluation of proposals, to facilitate sharing of ideas and experiences, and to meet potential partners for project consortia.
- A plenary session in the morning provided participants with information on the current work programme and on practical issues related to preparing and submitting proposals.
before and after lunch were to explore and discuss in more depth each of the outcomes specified in the work programme. The topics of the parallel sessions were:
- Digital Preservation
- Innovative Solutions for Multimedia Digital Libraries
- Adaptive Cultural Experiences
- Networks of Excellence and Coordination & Support Actions
- A more detailed progamme can be downloaded here.
Presentations from the European Commission
- Work Programme 2009-2010, Objective 4.1: Digital Libraries and Digital Preservation - Overview
- Proposal preparation, submission and evaluation
- How to fail... And how to improve your chances of success
- Outcomes a) + b): Digital Preservation
- Outcome c): Innovative Solutions for Multimedia Digital Libraries
- Outcome d): Adaptive Cultural Experiences
- Outcomes e) + f): Networks of Excellence and Coordination & Support Actions
Presentations from Participants
In the parallel sessions was room for short presentations from participants on their ideas related to the research area addressed by the session. The publication of the slides on this web site does not imply any statement regarding the content by the Commission.
- Rike Brecht (DMG-Lib): Digital Mechanism and Gear Library
- Michael Factor (IBM Haifa Research Laboratory): Advanced Data Preservation. Going Beyond the State of Art
- Romeo Ilie (Romanian Academy): Proposals from Romania
- Ognyan Kounchev (Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences): Astro-Multimedia Library. Digitization and Web Access of Astronomical Glass Plates and Related Content
- Vincent Puig (IRI / Centre Pompidou): Some issues and projects for Digital Libraries
- Jolien Schroyen & Jan Van den Bergh (Hasselt University - IBBT): Adaptive Cultural Experiences using Mobile Guides
- Alexandru Stan (IN2 search interfaces development Ltd): Project idea – Adaptive Cultural Experiences
- Sarah Whatley & Mark Schneider (Coventry University): Adaptive Cultural Experiences
Who was there?
as of 8 October 2009.
(For privacy reasons, no contact details are being published.)
Where and when?
Friday, 9 October 2009 ; 9:30-17:00
Jean Monnet building, Conference centre
Rue Alcide de Gasperi
This page is maintained by the European Commission, unit 'Cultural Heritage and Technology Enhanced Learning'.