Calls & budget
Calls for proposals
The European Commission regularly invites the research community to propose project ideas and to apply for funding. This page gives an overview of calls including cultural heritage, digital libraries and digital preservation research.
- ICT Call 9 was open between 18 January 2012 and 17 April 2012 . The Commission organised on 15 November 2011 an Information Day in Luxembourg. The presentations are now available for download.
- ICT Call 6 was published on 24 November 2009 and closed on 13 April 2010. The selected projects started between December 2010 and April 2011.
- ICT Call 3 was open between 4 December 2007 and 8 April 2008. The start dates for the selected projects were between December 2008 and March 2009.
- ICT Call 1 was open from 22 December 2006 until 8 May 2007. Projects resulting from this call started between December 2007 and April 2008.
The budget earmarked in the ICT Work Programme 2011-2012 is € 30 million for the objective "Digital Preservation"; and € 40 million for the objective "ICT for access to cultural resources".
EU-funding in previous years:
- Work Programme 2009-2010: € 69 million for the objective "Digital Libraries and Digital Preservation"
- Work programme 2007-2008: € 52 million (ICT Call 1) and €50 million (ICT Call 3) for research in the areas digital libraries and technology-enhanced learning
This page is maintained by the European Commission, unit 'Cultural Heritage and Technology Enhanced Learning'.