About Knowledge-Based Bio-Economy (KBBE)
The KBBE will play an important role in a global economy, where knowledge is the best way to increase productivity and competitiveness and improve our quality of life, while protecting our environment and social model. It is a sector estimated to be worth more than € 1.5 trillion per year.
KBBE addresses the following needs:
- growing demand for safer, healthier, higher quality food;
- sustainable use and production of renewable bio-resources;
- increasing risk of epizootic and zoonotic diseases and food related disorders;
- sustainability and security of agricultural, aquaculture and fisheries production;
- increasing demand for high quality food, taking into account animal welfare and rural and coastal contexts and response to specific dietary needs of consumers.
Type of projects
Theme 2 will be implemented through the following funding schemes:
- Collaborative projects;
- Networks of excellence;
- Coordination and support actions.
Last updated on: 2009-05-05