- January-June European Council to be chaired by Austrian Presidency .
- 2006-01-16 - MEP Jerzy Buzek presented the draft report on FP7 to the European Parliament's ITRE committee.
- 2006-01-24/25 - The Scientific Council of the ERC met to set out some of its funding strategy and operating arrangements.
- 2006-02-07 - Commission published proposals for Rules of Participation and Dissemination in FP7 under the Euratom treaty
- 2006-02-22 - The European Commission unveiled its draft plans for creating a European Institute of Technology (EIT) in a Communication entitled " Implementing the renewed partnership for growth and jobs. Developing a knowledge flagship: The European Institute of Technology".
- 2006-03-13 - Competitiveness Council debates FP7 specific programmes and CIP proposal. Main results of the Council [PDF].
- 2006-03-23/24 - European Council 'Spring Summit' endorsed research as one of the four priorities of the relaunched Lisbon strategy. Presidency conclusions [PDF].
- 2006-04-05 - European Parliament debates and approves Financial Perspective.
- 06 -04 -2006 - Opinion of the European Court of Auditors calling for increased simplification and flexibility in FP7 rules for participation.
- 2006-04-20/22 - Ministers discussed the FP7 budget and state-aid rules for R&D; at the Informal Competitiveness Council meeting in Graz. The current Commission proposal under discussion is as follows: Cooperation - EUR 32 billion; Ideas - EUR 7.5 billion; People - EUR 5 billion; Capacities - EUR 4.2 billion.
- 2006-05-15 - The ITRE committee adopted a series of amendments on the Commission's proposal.
- 2006-05-17 - Commission launched consultation on transnational research cooperation opinion.
- 2006-05-24 - The European Commission published its amended proposals for the Specific Programmes: Cooperation: en [PDF] | fr [PDF] | de [PDF], Ideas: en [PDF] | fr [PDF] | de [PDF], People: en [PDF] | fr [PDF] | de [PDF], Capacities: en [PDF] and direct actions by the JRC: en [PDF] | fr [PDF] | de [PDF] as well as research under the Euratom treaty: en [PDF] | fr [PDF] | de [PDF] and direct actions by the JRC: en [PDF] | fr [PDF] | de [PDF].
View also amended proposal en [PDF] | fr [PDF] | de [PDF] following the agreement of 17 May 2006 on the Financial Framework 2007-2013.
- 2006-05-26 - Commission launched consultation on 'socio-economic sciences and the humanities'.
- 2006-05-29/30 - The Council reached an agreement [PDF] on a general approach pending the European Parliament's opinion.
- June-December European Council to be chaired by Finnish Presidency .
- 2006-06-08 - Commission provided further information on certain aspects of the EIT in a new Communication to the European Council entitled " The European Institute of Technology: further steps towards its creation(COM(2006) 276 final)" [PDF].
- 2006-06-15 - European Parliament adopted report on FP7.
- 2006-06-28 - The European Commission published its amended proposals for FP7.
- 2006-07-24 - The Council reached a political agreement on FP7 [PDF] and will establish its common position.
- 2006-09-25 - Council adopted its common position on FP7 on 25 September. It will forward it to the European Parliament for a second reading.
- 2006-10-03 - EP ITRE committee adopted reports on People, Direct Actions by the JRC and Euratom.
- 2006-10-10 - EP ITRE committee adopted reports on Ideas, Capacities, Cooperation and direct actions by the Joint Research Centre.
- 2006-10-30 - ERC Scientific Council agreed on 2007 work programme (draft).
- 2006-11-15 - ITRE reached agreement on FP7.
- 2006-11-21 - "ICT Work Programme 2007-08" (draft) published.
- 2006-11-30 - European Parliament gives its green light for FP7.
- ESFRI presents the first European roadmap for new, large-scale Research Infrastructures.
- 2006-12-14 - Call for proposals for organisations and individuals to establish database of FP7 experts.
- 2006-12-18 - Final adoption of FP7 by the Council.
- 2006-12-19/21 - Council approved specific programmes (page 52).
- 2006-12-22 - First FP7 calls for proposals published.
Last updated on: 2011-02-21