2009-09-23 - UK FP7 Security Theme Event
The Home office (UK Ministry of Internal Affairs) will hold an FP7 Security Theme Event in Central London on Wednesday 2009-09-23. The objective of this event is to support and encourage organisations that wish to be involved in bidding for FP7 Security Theme funding, by sharing experience and advice. Delegates from universities, think tanks, companies of all sizes, government and end-users have been invited. The Home Office is also inviting delegates from outside the UK who are seeking partners from the UK to complete a bidding team.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Clément Williamson, European Commission
- Prof Adrian Smith, Director General Science & Research, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
- Dr Andy Low, former managing director of both Roke Manor (the Siemens research & development facility in the UK) and Thales Research & Technology UK
- Prof Paul Grasby of the Home Office and Imperial College
- Prof Tom Sorrell, Director of the Centre for the Study of Global Ethics, Birmingham University, who led the successful Detecter bid for FP7 funding
- Martin Darkins of BAE Systems, who led the recent successful SeaBilla bid in the last FP7 call
- Prof Adam Ogilvie-Smith of the Home Office and the Robert Gordon University
The event will include time for networking, to enable and encourage teams to find partners and vice versa:
2009-09-16 - FP7 Security Research Info Day (EVENT FULLY BOOKED)
For more information about the event, please visit
Venue: Research Executive Agency , Covent Garden building, Place Rogier 16, 1210 Brussels
This Info Day is meant to disseminate information on a new call launched under the security theme (priority 10) of the FP7 Cooperation Programme. The call, registered as FP7-SEC-2010-1 and launched on 2009-07-30, offers new research opportunities to researchers and research institutions, universities, industry, SMEs, civil society organizations and national contact points.
The event is intended to support applicants in preparation of their proposals by encouraging networking and clarifying questions linked to areas covered by the call and established legal and procedural conditions.
Agenda of the event
During the brokerage session you can give a short presentation. Should you wish to do so, please indicate it in the registration form. For preparing your presentation, please follow the recommendations . The presentation must be sent by 11 September 2009 to the below functional mailbox that can be found in the recommendations .
Info Day privacy statement
2009-09-29 and 2009-09-30 - SRC09 - Security Research Conference 2009
Stockholm - Sweden
The fourth European Security Research Conference - SRC09 - will be held in Stockholm on 2009-09-29 and 2009-09-30. Organised under the Swedish Presidency of the European Union, with the support of the European Commission, this event will bring together more than 1,200 representatives from the worlds of research, industry and Security end-users.
Contact: DG Enterprise & Industry
See also: Conference website: http://www.src09.se
Last updated on: 2009-09-28