RTD ProgrammesEuropean Research Area
The service provides a comprehensive view on the concept, the activities and further steps illustrating the lively debate initiated in January 2000. It also includes archive on the FP6 adoption.
Seventh Framework Programme Service (2007 - 2013)
FP7 provides a gateway to the latest developments on the preparation of the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) and its essential features. It gives you the latest news and events on FP7 as well as the key milestones towards FP7.
- Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, Biotechnology
- Information & communication technologies
- Nanosciences, nanotechnologies, materials & new production technologies
- Environment (including Climate Change)
- Transport (including aeronautics)
- Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities
- Coordination of Research Activities
- Initial training of researchers to improve mostly young researchers
- Life-long training and career development
- Industry-academia pathways and partnerships
- International dimension
- Specific actions
- Research infrastructures
- Research for the benefit of SMEs
- Regions of knowledge
- Research potential of Convergence Regions
- Science in society
- Support to the coherent development of research policies
- International cooperation
ICT - Information and Communication Technologies
The EU Member States have earmarked a total of € 9.1 billion for funding ICT over the duration of FP7, making it the largest research theme in the Cooperation programme of FP7. The ICT website brings together information on: the FP7 ICT research programme and its objectives; participating in ICT research under FP7 - including calls for proposals; research and development projects carried out under FP6 and FP7; the latest news on programme, projects and participation in the ICT Newsroom.
Sixth Framework Programme (FP6) Service (2002-2006)
The service offers a step-by-step approach to help understand all activities as well as participation in European funding opportunities, for which 17.5 billion euro has been earmarked.
- Life sciences, genomics and biotechnology for health
- Information society technologies
- Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices
- Aeronautics and space
- Food quality and safety
- Sustainable development, global change and ecosystems
- Citizens and governance in a knowledge-based society
Strengthening the European Research Area (ERA)
Structuring the European Research Area (ERA)
EURATOM (Nuclear energy)
General FP5 web Service (1998-2002)
Detailed information on all aspects of the Fifth Framework Programme including introduction to key actions, descriptions of funded projects and more.
Thematic service to promote European funding opportunities for nanotechnology and awareness on the co-operation opportunities, projects, publications, news and events.
This web site aims to keep users informed of important developments related to the "Security Research Preparatory Action". The main aim of this Action is to bridge the current gap between generic civil research (as supported by EC Framework programmes) and national and intergovernmental programmes oriented to defence procurement needs.
FP4 Overview (1994-1998)
Access to web services covering the European Union's research implemented during the period 1994-1998.
European Steel Technology Platform
This service gives you an overview on the European Steel Technology Platform and provides you with all the relevant information concerning: history, objectives, key documents and latest developments.
Coal and Steel
Information service on a new EC coal and steel research programme, including access to funding opportunities, legal information guidelines and contact details.
Last updated on: 2010-06-18