Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website, which covers ICT in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
ICT in the European Research Area
The objectives of Community action in this field are to contribute to the creation of a European Research Area by stimulating and supporting programme coordination and joint activities conducted at national or regional level, as well as among European organisations, and thus help to develop the common knowledge base necessary for a coherent development of policies.
- Coordination of National and European R&D Policies and Programmes in ICT: Overview Report, October 2005 (PDF, 104KB)
- Annex: Overview of IST ERA Coordination Projects
National ICT Research Directors Forum
The National IST Research Directors Forum brings together National ICT Research Directors to discuss key policy and implementation issues related to the development of a European Research Area in ICT. The forum complements the bottom-up approaches supported by the Framework Programme. The Directors meet on average twice a year. The last meeting was help in Helsinki on 22 November 2006. The next meeting will take place in Berlin on 23rd April 2007.
Building on the success of the 25 ERA-NET projects in FP6, calls for the coordination of national or regional research programme or initiatives are listed in the ICT Work Programme within the objectives under Challenges 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 as well as FET. Please refer to the ICT Work Programme for further information.
CISTRANA (Coordination of ICT research and national activities)
The aim of CISTRANA is to foster coordination of national ICT programmes with each other and with European RTD programmes in order to improve the impact of all RTD efforts in Europe and to reinforce European ICT competitiveness.
Results so far include:
- The ICT research portal which provides access to a range of information on research and development activities in Information Society Technologies in most European countries.
- FP6 ICT ERA-NET projects with details of the objectives, budgets, consortium, duration and web links.
- Publications including:
- European ICT R&D Landscape - Report on National Priorities and Programmes
- Survey on National Public Funding for Research in Information and Communications Technologies (Update - September 2005)
CISTRANA has been a strategic milestone in setting up the European Research Area in the Information Society.
COST and EUREKA
DG INFSO maintains close cooperation with both COST and EUREKA.
COST is an intergovernmental framework for European Co-operation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research, allowing the co-ordination of nationally-funded research on a European level.
EUREKA is a pan-European network for market-oriented, industrial R&D. EUREKA supports the competitiveness of European companies through international collaboration, in creating links and networks of innovation.