Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website, which covers ICT in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Strategic Objectives (2003-04)
"IST Vision: anywhere anytime natural access to IST services for all"
These are the research activities that are eligible for funding under the IST priority.
The bullet points correspond to the IST 2003-2004 Work Programme.
[ "Printer friendly version" ]
Applied IST research addressing major societal and economic challenges
- Towards a global dependability and security framework
- Networked businesses and governments
- eSafety for road and air transport
- Technology-enhanced learning and access to cultural heritage
- Applications and services for the mobile user and worker
- Cross-media content for leisure and entertainment
- GRID-based systems for solving complex problems
- Improving risk management
- Products and services engineering 2010
Communication, computing and software technologies
- Broadband for all
- Mobile and wireless systems beyond 3G
- Networked audiovisual systems and home platforms
- Open development platforms for software and services
- Embedded systems
Components and microsystems
- Pushing the limits of CMOS and preparing for post-CMOS
- Micro- and nano systems
- Advanced displays
- Optical, opto-electronic, and photonic functional components
Knowledge and interface technologies
The following activities, although not incorporated as Strategic Objectives (due to their wider scope in the case of FET and General Accompanying Actions), are complementary to the IST objectives of FP6.