most recent information
on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our
ICT in FP7 website
, which covers ICT in the 7
Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Application Services Provision
To develop and validate open architectures, technologies and tools to allow for the provision of a variety of applications as networked services over a commonly available infrastructure; to develop methods for the management and dynamic allocation of computing, storage and communication resources and for the monitoring of usage and service quality by providers and users; to enable experimentation with new business models, taking into account requirements of low entry costs for suppliers and adequate provision for privacy.
Focus is on:
- Development of open and reusable middleware for the efficient and flexible deployment of application services leased to an organisation and making use of external resources, possibly in combination with internal resources. The reuse of computing and data grid research prototypes and their integration with existing application development frameworks (CORBA, Java, etc.) can also be included.
- Development of service management frameworks with adequate provision for resilience, persistence, security, confidentiality and end user privacy.
- (email removed) (DG Information Society)
Projects & Clusters
This theme was called once in 2001and resulted in 11 projects having a combined funding support of ~18M.
The table below lists all the projects in this theme, the call they resulted from, a project reference and acronym. Project titles will be displayed if you hover over the project acronyms and links are provided to the CORDIS project-fact-sheet database.
- ADELFI : Remote computing services provision
- CADENUS : Creation and Deployment of End-User Services
- PISA : Open and secure service provision architecture
- PRISMA : Innovative Models for Service Delivery