Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website , which covers ICT in the 7 th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Advanced Signal Processing
To foster interdisciplinary research and development of high-performance applications based on signal processing technology and to exploit synergy between a range of application requirements and their technological implementation; to contribute to the vision of ambient intelligence landscape by improving embedded systems based on advanced signal processing and to stimulate support for open software and hardware technologies.
The work focuses on applications, algorithms, devices and appropriate tools and includes:
- Achieving next generation system performance in the application areas of biomedical processing (e.g. ultrasonic echography, multimodal imaging, devices for personal health and special needs), multiple media (video, images, music, speech, language engineering), communications (fixed, mobile, wireless, navigation) and security (enhanced e-Commerce transactions).
- Designing advanced algorithms to support such applications including amongst others: physical modelling, multidimensional filtering, neural networks, wavelets, chaos theory, recognition, synthesis, coding, compression, modulation, watermarking and cryptography. Realisation of algorithms via codecs with the following properties: adaptive, (quasi) real time, secure and robust/reliable (graceful degradation and error recovery). Codecs are expected to support multiple data rates and data fusion and to handle large data sets.
- Implementing algorithms in embedded systems with innovative approaches including: signal processing devices, sensory and acquisition subsystems (biometrics, conditioning, analogue/digital conversion). Device properties comprise: low power, high performance, (re)configurable and portable with small footprints for embedded systems.
- (email removed) (DG Information Society)
Projects & Clusters
This theme was called once in 2001 and resulted in 5 projects having a combined funding support of ~10M.
The table below lists all the projects in this theme, the call they resulted from, a project reference and acronym. Project titles will be displayed if you hover over the project acronyms and links are provided to the CORDIS project-fact-sheet database.
Related IST projects
- EURODASP Access to alias free sampling technology
- MAGIC-FPU High performance floating point VLIW DSP core with tools & applications
Presentations & Publications
- Presentation at the EURODASP seminar, 30th May 2001, European Commission.
- EURASIP newsletter article (vol 12 no.1, Jan 2001) by Eric Badique and a follow-up article (to be published in May 2001) by Javid Khan.
- Dedicated Systems magazine article (to be published in May 2001).
- Report from the workshop on high performance signal processing held at the European Commission in May 2000.
- A general presentation (ppt format) on this action.