Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website, which covers ICT in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Directorate F Overall Objectives
- To contribute to the long term advances of IST by promoting research on Future and Emerging Technologies within the IST Priority of the Research Framework Programmes, including Frontier Research and addressing unexpected developments.
- To contribute to the construction of the European Research Area by integrating European research efforts on selected groundbreaking objectives and by facilitating the emergence of new interdisciplinary scientific communities to address long term scientific challenges in the IST field.
- To support the world's leading high quality, high capacity, high speed Grid-enabled communication infrastructure, to extend it to all Member States and through it, to provide access for all to scientific data and digital repositories.
- To develop future generation Grid systems of interest in science, industry, business and society, and to extend the grid systems concept to new areas not currently covered and which can potentially benefit from this approach.
- To extend the benefits of grids and new working environments through applications-driven research and deployment to European entreprises and communities.