Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website , which covers ICT in the 7 th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Brainstorming on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PCC) - Vienna, 27-28 July 2005
FET is working to identify new promising areas for long-term research in the forthcoming 7 th Framework Program of Community Research. In this quest it is being helped by the FET Coordination Action Beyond the Horizon , which is organising brainstorming meetings on several topic areas with high potential. One of these areas is Pervasive Computing and Communications, and this page refers to a brainstorming meeting which was held in this context in Vienna on 27-28 July 2005.
This document ( PDF ) details the challenges which were identified during the meeting, sorted according to the priority decided by the experts by voting, including the name of the designated rapporteur. For each challenge also the authors of the related presentations are listed.
You are warmly invited to publicly post your comments to this document through the FET Open Forum on PCC
Position Statements: Challenges and Impacts
(download PDF )
- Fabrizio Sestini , Future and Emerging Technologies in FP6 and FP7
- Johan Plomp , Mobile interaction, human technology interaction issues
- Karin Hummel , Modelling, reasoning about utilising mobility, fault tolerant mobile computing
- Giovanni Cortese , Data management for context awareness - and for mobile users. Ad hoc vs. infrastructures
- Maria Papadopouli , Wireless networks, autonomous wireless-enabled devices, measurements
- Imrich Chlamtac , Wireless and optical networks, autonomous systems, bionetworking
- Gabriele Kotsis , The PDA in 2015 - a wish list
- Kurt Rothermel , Context Management
- Paul Lukowicz , Context recognition, distributed systems, self organisation
- James Crowley , Infrastructures and Services for Ambient Informatics
- Ugo Montanari , Composing overlay computers
- Jörg Kaiser , System level research issues
- Pavel Zezula , Storage structures, similarity search, parallel and distributed processing
- Alois Ferscha , Dependable self-managed systems, coordination, consensus, trustworthiness, computational perception
- Peter Druschel , Towards self-organising, adaptive, secure decentralised systems
- Herbert Rüsseler , HCI, Interfaces in non ICI compliant items to get into electronic eco systems
- Antonio Krüger , Anthropomorphic user interfaces, multimodal interaction, tangible user interfaces
- Achilles Kameas , Knowledge extraction, representation, communication, human- centric issues: use, privacy, etc.
- Joe Paradiso , Power sources, sensor-driven power management, sensor node infrastructure, applications + interfaces
- Gillian Crampton Smith , Value fictions as well as science fictions: what is technology for? How will it change the way we live our lives
- Mikhail Smirnov , Design for evolvability