Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website , which covers ICT in the 7 th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Neuroinformatics for "living" artefacts (NI) Proactive Initiative
Call closed : 11 Oct. 2000
- Summaries of projects
- Neuro-IT.NET launched
- Participate to Web Consultation on Neuro-IT roadmap
- 1st Workshop of the Neuro-IT Cluster - 2-4 December 2003 - Brussels (B)
To explore new synergies between Neurosciences and Information Technologies in order to enable the construction of hardware/software "artefacts that live and grow", i.e. artefacts that self-adapt and evolve beyond pure programming. Preference will be given to work that demonstrates adaptability and growth in the "real world" and that does not simply extrapolate from an already established researd field (such as neural-networks or genetic algorithms).
This proactive initiative is implemented in collaboration with the action " Neurosciences " under the thematic programme "Quality of life and management of living resources."
The following information is to give you a perspective on this activity.
- A report on essential issues. ( DOC - PDF or Browse )
- Position papers from a brainstorming meeting held in Brussels 7-8 February 2000 on which the above report is based.
- Report on the workshop "Beyond the Made and the Born", held on 14-15 June 1999 to prepare for this proactive initiative. ( DOC - PDF or Browse )