Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website , which covers ICT in the 7 th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
- Study on Commercial Exploitation of Grid Technologies and Services - the final public report by SCF Associates Ltd New!
- Grid-related events in Sophia Antipolis (28 November-1 December): Grids@work - Coregrid Industrial Conference - Bridging Global Computer with Grid (BIGG ) New!
- Grid research in Europe - An overview prepared by GridCoord ( PDF , 266KB) New!
- Grid R&D Vision and Roadmap - Summary Report ( PDF , 438KB) New!
- European Grid Technology Days 2006 - Public launch of the second wave of Grid technology projects and Grid Concertation Meeting, 19-21 September 2006, Brussels". The presentations from the 1 st day can be downloaded now.
- European Technology Platform - NESSI
- The 3rd report of the Next Generation Grids Expert Group: Future for European Grids: GRIDs and Service Oriented Knowledge Utilities was published in January 2006. Download it here ( PDF , 3.644KB)
- View a video about benefits of Grids for Industry
These are the GRID Technologies web pages developed during the 6th Framework Programme (2002 - 2006).
This research is now continuing during Framework Programme 7 under the ICT Objective 1.2 'Service and Software Architectures, Infrastructures and Engineering'.
The web pages for Objective 1.2 are available here .
Most of the FP6 pages are no longer maintained. Only the information about the projects and clusters will be kept up-to-date.
Welcome to the section of the CORDIS website dedicated to EU-funded RTD activities in the area of "Advanced Grid Technologies, Systems and Services". The webpages - which are maintained by Unit F2 of DG Information Society and Media, the European Commission team responsible for overseeing these EU-funded RTD activities - provide a gateway to extensive and up to date information on EU Grid RTD activity.
Please feel free to view online our " From Grids to Service-Oriented Knowledge Utilities" brochure which provides details of our activities in clear, non-technical language.
Scope of information presented on these webpages
The information presented in this section of the CORDIS website relates to Grid-related activities in both the 5 th and 6 th EU Framework Programmes for RTD, commonly abbreviated to 'FP5' and 'FP6' respectively. Specifically you will find webpages with information relating to the following:
- Mission statement and objectives of the Commission team responsible for EU-funded RTD activities relating to Grid technologies.
- Information on FP6 Grid-related 'Calls for Proposals'.
- Information on NESSI , the European Technology Platform for the Software and Services sector.
- Overseeing activities of Next Generation Grids Expert Group (NGG)
- Information on ongoing Grid-related RTD projects funded and monitored by DG Information Society.
- Key Commission and non-Commission documents relating to Grid activities .
- Information on important news topics and events . Also host to information on past Grid events .
- Information on the Commission contacts in DG Information Society and Media, Unit F2 .
Suggestions and Feedback
You are very welcome to contact us if you have any suggestion, constructive observation or question.