Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website, which covers ICT in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Links to Grid websites of interest
Provided below are links to a selected, non-exhaustive list of websites and web pages relating to Grid computing for anybody wishing to learn more about this high potential computing area. There is also a list of links to the websites of ongoing EU-funded Grid projects. These pages are all hosted on non-Commission websites so Unit F2 is not responsible for the content of pages on any of the websites linked to below:
- GRIDstart project: An FP5 accompanying measure with objective of maximising the impact of EU-funded Grid and related activities through 'clustering'. Nine ongoing FP5 Grid projects are 'under the wing' of this project.
- Unicore Forum: The UNICORE (UNiform Interface to COmputing REsources) Forum is a European open, non-profit association which promotes the development and distribution of the UNICORE Grid system which provides a science and engineering Grid combining resources of supercomputer centers and making them available through the Internet. Membership is open to users and developers of Grid software as well as to hardware vendors.
- Primeur: Primeur is an online news service for High Performance Computing and Networking (HPCN) in Europe. It is produced by an editorial team composed of professionals in publishing and HPCN.
- Research Networks: European Commission webpages relating to EU-funded 'Research Networking' RTD activities overseen by DG Information Society.
- Global Grid Forum: The Global Grid Forum (GGF) is a community-initiated forum of 5000+ individual researchers and practitioners working on distributed computing, or "grid" technologies.
- Globus: Website of the Globus project who, among other activities, are developing a toolkit for deploying grid-enabled networks.
- OGSA: (Open Grid Services Architecture): web pages hosted on the globus.org website relating to Open Grid Services Architecture, a proposed evolution of the current Globus Toolkit towards a Grid system architecture based on an integration of Grid and Web services concepts and technologies.
- ITURLS: This page on iturls.com provides an extensive list of links to grid webpages on the internet.
- Gridcomputing.com provides an extensive list of links to grid web pages on the internet.
- IEEE Distributed Systems Online: Website with aim of promoting professional awareness of developments, trends, activities, and editorial coverage in the distributed systems field. Also provides online support for Internet Computing and Pervasive Computing.