Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website , which covers ICT in the 7 th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Workshop on Grids for Complex Problem Solving
: 29-30 January 2003
Location : Brussels, Belgium
Presentations given at Plenary sessions
Listed below are the presentations given at the various plenary sessions of the IST workshop on 'Grids for Complex Problem solving' which was organised by DG Information Society and took place in Brussels on 29-30 January 2003. In addition the initial conclusions of the parallel working groups are also provided. The presentations can also be downloaded electronically from this page (file formats are indicated below for each individual presentation, file size is also indicated for files larger than 500KB).
- Opening - Luis Rodriguez-Rosello , DG INFSO-F ( PDF , 160KB)
- Introduction - Wolfgang Boch , DG INFSO-F2 ( PDF , 81KB)
Plenary I - " Next Generation Grid "
- Next Generation Grid - Roman Tirler , DG INFSO-F2 ( PDF , 52KB)
- Where are we with Grids today, hypes and hopes? - Domenico Laforenza , ISTI-CNR, Italy ( Zipped PDF , 2.9MB)
- Why Next Generation Grid? - Thierry Priol , INRIA, France ( Zipped PDF , 267KB)
- What is needed to make Next Generation Grids? - Keith Jeffery , RAL, UK ( PDF , 378KB)
Plenary II - " Enabling Application Technologies "
- Enabling Application Technologies - Max Lemke , DGINFSO-F2 ( PDF , 43KB)
Data Grids in engineering: current practice, industrial requirements, and perspectives for knowledge discovery and data mining
Download in Zipped 'Power Point' format ( Zipped PPT ): Part 1 (4MB) - Part 2 (2.7MB) - Part 3 (1.4MB) - Part 4 (3.5MB)
Joint presentation by:
- Ulrich Trottenberg Fraunhofer , SCAI, DE
- Ulrich Widmann , AUDI, DE
- Simon Beaulah , LION Bioscience, UK
- Grid-based collaborative working in large distributed organisations - Guillaume Alleon , EADS, FR ( PPT , 500KB)
- Security and dynamic virtual organisation aspects for Grids in e-applications - Josep Valles Sanchez , Schlumberger SEMA ( PDF , 191KB)
- Grid computing in the enterprise data center - Boas Betzler , IBM Boeblingen, DE ( PDF , 1MB)
Plenary III - " FP6 "
- FP6 Instruments - Michael Arentoft , DG INFSO-A2 ( PPT , 1.2MB)
- Research Infrastructures in FP6 - Mario Campolargo , DG INFSO-F3 ( Zipped PPT , 4.6MB)