Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website , which covers ICT in the 7 th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
- LHDL Living Human Digital Library monthly focus
- PIPS Virtual assistant April monthly focus
- World of Health IT 2010
- Publications ...
- News on the Policy side, working groups are meeting regularly. check the Policy page for more information
- New studies launched: More information on the Studies page
- eHealth e-newsletter is now available in HTML format upon registration
- Reminder: Presentations of events / workshops can be found under the related event on Europa after it has occured
- News from the Projects : new FP7 projects and ongoing FP6 projects
Thanks to eHealth, doctors can access patients’ medical records more easily, get immediate access to test results from the laboratory, and deliver prescriptions directly to pharmacists. Patients with heart problems can carry monitors which alert their doctor if their condition changes, yet allow them to continue with their daily business.
At EU level, the introduction of eHealth services is facilitating access to healthcare, whatever the geographical location, thanks to innovative telemedicine and personal health systems. eHealth is also breaking down barriers, enabling health service providers (public authorities, hospitals) from different Member States to work more closely together. If a particular treatment can be provided to a patient more effectively in another country, eHealth systems make it simpler to organise and carry out treatment abroad. Suppliers of eHealth tools – such as databases for patient records, mobile monitors which transmit data automatically, or handling systems for patient call centres – also benefit from the development of a European market in the sector, which has enabled them to build a strong base from which they can tackle the global market.
Further information on our ongoing and future activities can be found on the following places: