Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website , which covers ICT in the 7 th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
SALERO - Semantic AudiovisuaL Entertainment Reusable Objects
SALERO aims at making cross media-production for games, movies and broadcast faster, better and cheaper by combining computer graphics, language technology, semantic web technologies as well as content based search and retrieval.
SALERO will define and develop 'intelligent content' for media production, consisting of multimedia objects with context-aware behaviours for self-adaptive use and delivery across different platforms. 'Intelligent Content' should enable the creation and re-use of complex, compelling media by artists who need to know little of the technical aspects of how the tools that they use actually work.
Based on research into methodologies for describing, creating and finding intelligent content, SALERO will develop toolsets to create, manage, edit, retrieve and deliver content objects, addressing characters, objects, sounds, language sets, and behaviours. The toolsets developed and the concept of intelligent content will be verified by experimental productions.
SALERO hosts a YouTube channel
presenting the experimental productions and results from the research work packages.
- Initial Project presentation ( PDF , 52KB). Presented at the Dissemination & Awareness Strategy Meeting in Luxembourg, February 2006.
- Poster ( PDF , 522KB)
- Folder ( PDF , 570KB)
- Annual Report 2008 ( PDF , 1.480KB)
- Annual Report 2007 ( PDF , 565KB)
- Annual Report 2006 ( PDF , 537KB)
: 'Intelligent Content' - Digital media objects of the future will 'know' enough about themselves to be able to adapt to their environment (May 2006)
( PDF , 12KB)
- ICT Results article : Sound and sense, a perfect pitch (May 2007) ( PDF , 113KB)
- IST Results News in Brief : Re-using contents for media through intelligent content systems (25 January 2006)
- SALERO website
Work in the first phase of the project will concentrate on the establishment of user requirements, the compilation of a state-of-the-art report in context based indexing and retrieval, investigation on the relationship between media forms, programme style and structures. Based on that, research work-packages will implement first prototypes of tools for advanced facial animation, emotional speech synthesis and context based retrieval.
- SALERO (FP6-027122) is a integrated project of the European Union's 6th Framework Programme - call 4.
- SALERO started on 1 January 2006 and finishes on 31 December 2009.
- The overall budget is roughly 13.6 million euro.
- Eleven partners from five European countries are involved in the project.
List of Participants
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH, Forschungsgesellschaft mbH, AT
- Cinesite Ltd., UK
- Blitz Games Ltd., UK
- Pepper's Ghost Productions, UK
- Activa Multimedia digital (TVCN), ES
- Fundacio Barcelona Media Universitat Pompeu Fabra, ES
- Dublin Institute of Technology, IE
- Universitat Ramon Llull, ES
- University of Glasgow, UK
- Taideteollinen korkeakoulu (University of Art and Design Helsinki), FI
- Leopold Franzens Universität Innsbruck, AT
Events in connection with SALERO
- ISMIR 2007 in Vienna, Austria . SALERO presented the paper: Annotation Music Collections: How content-based similarity helps to propagate labels ( PDF , 97KB).
- Summer School on Multimedia Semantics, Analysis, Annotation, Retrieval and Application (SMSS 2007) in Glasgow, UK, 15-21 July 2007
in Athens, Greece, December 2006.
- The SALERO project presented the paper: SALERO – Semantic Audiovisual Entertainment Reusable Objects ( PDF , 36KB) and a poster ( PDF , 759KB).
in London, UK, November 2005.
- The SALERO project presented a paper ( PDF , 35KB).