Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website, which covers ICT in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
Our Mission is to contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of the European industry (Treaty Art. 163) by further progressing micro-, nano- and opto-electronic components as the physical foundation of the unfolding Information Society. This will be achieved by stimulating the development of a European Research Area in the domain of micro-, nano- and opto-electronic components, within the execution of the 6th Framework Programme's IST thematic priority.
- To foster the research and development of semiconductor devices shrunk by an order of magnitude down to 5nm size, and of alternative devices for the post-CMOS era.
- To enable the design in-time and at cost of reliable 1 billion gate systems-on-a-chip or systems-in-a-package, improving productivity by a factor of 10 by 2010.
- To expand the emerging industrial area of opto-electronics by enabling the development of advanced materials, structures, devices, sources and opto-electronic integrated circuits for a wide range of applications.
- To successfully complete the implementation of the actions launched under the 5th Framework Programme in the area of micro- and opto-electronics.
- RTD Priority policy and strategy: definition of, and consensus building around the Framework Programme; contents and Work Programme definition; monitoring and evaluating developments in Member States, industry and research community; coordination with Eureka and other international players
- RTD Priority implementation: evaluation/contracting/monitoring/dissemination of actions in the fields of micro-/nano-electronic technologies, design and opto-electronics; monitoring/dissemination of running FP5 actions in the fields of micro-electronic technologies, design and opto-electronics; management; administrative and logistic support (contracts and finances)
- Management and administrative tasks: personnel and budget management; information support and coordination; general promotion and communication
- Other Commission policies: coordination with other FP6 RTD priorities; coordination with other IST areas; support to competition/trade/enterprise policies; link with eEurope 2005