Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website, which covers ICT in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
- EU Commission related links
- IPv6 related links
- Grid related links
EU Commission related links
IPv6 related links
- A world-wide IPv6 consortium of leading Internet vendors, Research & Education Networks
- the UK IPv6 Resource Centre
- standards, books and other material maintained by SWITCH
- The IPv6 Task Force
- a world wide informal collaborative project
- European registry IPv6 services
- Asia-Pacific IPv6 allocation services
- American IPv6 registration service
Grid related links
Other Grid related projects sponsored by the EU Commission
- ASTROVIRTEL: Accessing Astronomical Archives as Virtual Telescopes. A Project supported by the EU Commission by "Access to Research Infrastructure" action of the Programme "Improving the Human Potential"
National Grid initiatives
British Grid Activities
- UK e-Science Grid Programme
- UK Grid Support Centre
- GridPP is a collaboration of Particle Physicists and Computing Scientists from the UK and CERN, who are building a UK Grid for Particle Physics.
- Astrogrid is a ~£5M project aimed at building a data-grid for UK astronomy.
Dutch Grid Activities
- The NL Datagrid Initiative
French Grid Activities
- Ministerial Statement on French Grid Activities
- http://www.recherche.gouv.fr/appel/2001/grid.html & http://www.recherche.gouv.fr/appel/2002/grid.htm
- Call for proposals in France
- Les Actions Concertees Incitatives (ACI). ACI Globalisation des ressources informatiques et des donnees (GRID)
German Grid Activities
Irish Grid Activities
Italian Grid Activities
- Overview of Italian Grid activities
- INFN GRID
Grid related projects worldwide
- International Virtual Datagrid Laboratory
- The GriPhyN (Grid Physics Network) project
- PPDG: Particle Physics Data Grid, funded by DOE
- The TeraGrid project funded by the NSF
- IPG: NASA Information Power Grid
- Globus - the group that supplies the Grid middleware for many grid efforts (Globus toolkit)
- The Condor Project: develop, implement, deploy, and evaluate mechanisms and policies that support High Throughput Computing (HTC) on large collections of distributively owned computing resources.
- Applications in fusion research
- Grid Application Development Software (GrADS) Project
- The Distance and Distributed Computing and Communication (DisCom2) Program - DOE
Grids related to high energy physics experiments
- Grid Data Mirroring Package: Grid Data Management Pilot, CMS grid prototype, included in EU Datagrid WP2
- Grid activities of the ATLAS experiment (related to high energy physics experiments)
Grids related to earth sciences
- A Distributed Virtual Laboratory for Advanced Earthquake Experimentation and Simulation
- This is one (of two) experimental projects in DOE's Accelerated Climate Prediction Initiative (ACPI), which focuses on global climate modeling.
- The Earth System Grid II - Turning Climate Model Datasets Into Community Resources
GRID related web sites of people, organizations and events
- Global Grid Forum: Community of Grid researchers, focuses on the promotion and development of Grid technologies.
- The National Computational Science Alliance (Alliance)
- The National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The ALICE Bologna Grid Tutorial Page
- Ian Foster's home page
- Book: "The Grid: Blueprint of a new computing Infrastructure" was published in July 1998 by Morgan-Kaufmann.
- Ian Foster (Argonne NAtional Laboratory and University of Chicago) First Presentation At Cern Computing Seminar 27-AUG-01
- IBM involvement in Grid initiatives - press releases