Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website, which covers ICT in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
The main objectives are:
- To establish privileged partnerships with selected countries or regions in which there is added value and mutual interest in jointly addressing important technological issues and enhancing competitiveness.
- To contribute to the stability and prosperity of regions neighbouring the EU through the improvement of public services, through institutional reinforcement and through improved decision making and democratic processes;
- To address important global environmental issues such as the management of geo-physical risks;
- To prepare for future, wider and more concrete partnerships with the target regions.
1/ Targeted research actions. The selected areas all demonstrate a sufficient level of maturity with respect to previous actions related to international cooperation. They are also of significant strategic importance for Europe in terms of R&D and improved industrial competitiveness potential. Each proposal is expected to include partners from the EU Member States and associated states and the regions or countries being addressed by it in a balanced manner. Focus is on the five following areas:
- International Cooperation on Digital TV Broadcasting and Interactive Applications - Target region: Latin America
- International Cooperation on Digital Broadcasting/Mobile Convergence - Target country: China
- International cooperation on Grid Technologies - Target country: China
- International cooperation for eGovernment and eParticipation - Target countries: Western Balkans
- Early warning systems for geo-physical hazards - Target countries: Mediterranean partner countries, Indonesia, Thailand, India, Sri-Lanka, Japan, USA, Canada, New-Zealand
2/ Coordination Actions or Specific Support Actions focused on identifying constituencies and potentialities for deeper strategic cooperation