Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website , which covers ICT in the 7 th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
- New CORDIS FP7 Critical Infrastructure Protection site is open.
- New CORDIS FP7 ICT WP - Security site is open , containing all the relevant information of Objective 1.4: Secure, dependable and trusted Infrastructures.
- Communication has been published on Promoting Data Protection by Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PETs) . Press release available here .
- 24 th of May, Infoday held on CIP ICT Policy Support Program , including privacy protection infrastructure
- The Latest ERCIM News issue (pages 62-63) presents the main conclusions of the EU/US workshop on Cyber Trust & Security .
- Trust and Security Newsletter Issue 5 - April 2007 : related mainly to the first Call for Proposals of ICT FP7 and it's events
- Open day held on Research for Critical Information Infrastructure Protection - 15 March 2007, Brussels. Presentations given related to three IST-FP6 projects: IRRIIS, CRUTIAL, GRID.
- The revised report from the SecurIST Advisory Board is now available here and integrates comments received by the research community during the on-line consultation forum in 2nd semester of 2006.
- 'Threats on the Internet' Seminar , 24 October 2006 : assessing and understanding the common trends in the protection of network and service infrastructures against viruses, spam and malware
Mission of the ICT-FP7 Unit Security
The mission of the INFSO Unit "Security" is to support and co-ordinate within the ICT FP7 Theme, Information and Communication Technology research for the development of a dependable, secure and trusted Information Society that respects citizens' rights and protects their privacy and personal data. It includes advice on and stimulation of effective use of such technologies in other research fields of ICT -FP7.
The Unit supports the development of knowledge and technologies for improving and managing the security, resilience and trust in ubiquitous communication networks, computing and software systems and ICT -based applications and services; as well as for empowering the citizens to interact in the digital world through the development of trusted solutions for identity management and privacy protection.
Research priorities are: design and development of trustworthy infrastructures, applications and services; trusted computing, cryptology and advanced multi-modal biometrics; emerging security problems in communication networks (e.g. malware, phishing), identity management and privacy protection; and support to interoperability and standardisation.
Activities cover the interplay with policy developments, by indicating trends and problems in network and information security, privacy, trust and the protection of critical information infrastructures, and assisting in finding policy solutions. The Unit cooperates with other services within and outside INFSO - in particular with the Security Theme in FP7 (ENTR) - to stimulate wide uptake and best use of security and trust technologies in the European market through the development of EU-wide test-beds and pilot implementations. Finally, we promote focused international co-operation research activities with developed countries to improve the security and resilience of global ICT infrastructures, including the Future Internet.
The main instruments for the implementation of our mission are the Community Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development (RTD) and support activities for the development of policies in the area of trust and security in the Information Society.