Find the most recent information on EU Funding activities in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by visiting our ICT in FP7 website, which covers ICT in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) 2007 - 2013.
2005-2006 Work Programme
5. Call Information
IST Call 4
- Specific programme: Integrating and Strengthening the European Research Area
- Thematic priority/domain: Information Society Technologies (IST)
- Call title: IST Call 4
- Call identifier1: FP6-2004-IST-4
- Date of publication2: 16 November 2004
- Closure date(s)3: 22 March 2005 at 17.00 (Brussels local time)
- Total indicative budget4: 1120 million Euro
- Areas and instruments
Proposals are invited to address the following objectives:
Strategic Objectives 2005-06 Instruments Ratio New5 / Traditional6 Instruments (%) Indicative budget7
2.4.1 Nanoelectronics IPs, STREPs, CAs, SSAs 80/20 74 2.4.2 Technologies and devices for micro/nano-scale integration IPs, STREPs, CAs, SSAs 60/40 75 2.4.3 Towards a global dependability and security framework IPs, NoEs, STREPs, CAs, SSAs 70/30 63 2.4.4 Broadband for All IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 65/35 65 2.4.5 Mobile and Wireless Systems and Platforms Beyond 3G IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 65/35 138 2.4.6 Networked Audio Visual Systems and Home Platforms IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 75/25 63 2.4.7 Semantic-based Knowledge and Content Systems IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 70/30 112 2.4.8 Cognitive Systems IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 65/35 45 2.4.9 ICT Research for Innovative Government IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs, CAs 50/50 46 2.4.10 Technology-enhanced Learning IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 70/30 54 2.4.11 Integrated biomedical information for better health IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 55/45 75 2.4.12 eSafety - Co-operative Systems for Road Transport IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 60/40 82 2.4.13 Strengthening the Integration of the ICT research effort in an Enlarged Europe IPs, NoEs, STREPs, SSAs 0/100 63 FET Proactive Initiatives 54 2.3.4 (viii) Advanced Computing Architectures IPs, NoEs 100/0 2.3.4 (ix)Presence and Interaction in Mixed Reality Environments IPs 100/0 2.3.4 (x) Situated and Autonomic Communications IPs, NoEs 100/0
- Minimum number of participants8
Instrument Minimum number IPs, NoEs, STREPs and CAs 3 independent legal entities from 3 different MS or AS, with at least 2 MS or ACC Specific support actions 1 legal entity
- Restriction to participation: none
- Consortium agreement: participants in RTD actions resulting from this call are required to conclude a consortium agreement.
- Evaluation procedure: the evaluation shall follow a one-stage procedure. Proposals will not be evaluated anonymously.
- Evaluation criteria: see standard criteria in Annex B of this Work Programme and the section on evaluation criteria in Section 4 of this Work Programme.
- Indicative evaluation and selection delays: evaluation results are estimated to be available within two months of the closure date.
1The call identifier shall be given in the published version of this call
2The Director-General responsible for the call may publish it up to one month prior to or after the envisaged date of publication
3Where the envisaged date of publication is anticipated or delayed (see footnote above), closure date(s) will be adjusted accordingly in the published call for proposals
4Any call budget information relating to 2005 is provided under the condition that the draft budget for that year is adopted, without adjustments, by the budgetary authority. Any call budget information relating to 2006 is provided as advance information only. A new financing decision to cover the 2006 budget will be requested at the appropriate time next year
5New Instruments: IPs and NoEs
6Traditional instruments: STREPs, SSAs and CAs
7The amount accounts for 90% of the budget pre-allocated to the Strategic Objectives
8MS = Member States of the EU; AS (incl. ACC) = Associated States; ACC = Associated Candidate Countries. Any legal entity established in a Member State or Associated State and which is made up of the requested number of participants may be the sole participant in an indirect action